@Riot. I think you are getting "Bluffers" And "Trolls" mixed up.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celenphor

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGoodGuyGreg View Post
I just want to point out the difference here because I saw a red post somewhere that the mindset you guys had with the dodge penalty is that "Trolls" actually want to win the game that's why they are forcing others to dodge so that they can get the role they want.

Actually no. Those aren't trolls. Those are legit players wanting to win WHILE pretending to be a "Troll" to get what they want. Bluffers are bluffing because they want to win the game and have confidence in their abilities.

It's like sitting on a poker table and you put on a troll face and went all-in. You want the people around you to believe that you are a troll so that they'd fold (dodge). They wouldn't call because there's a huge possibility of losing when the bluffer is actually a troll when infact, isn't.

Trolls on the other hand find getting a negative reaction from others actually fun for them. In fact, they have no intention of winning the game at all and just wants to see people pissed off. Bottom line is, trolls have no intention to dodge, and no intention to win the game.

Edit:

I'm not mad or anything. This isn't a "QQ wahwah ah mah gad trollz erwhere." thread. I actually don't mind having trolls because I'm used to it. But seeing how the majority of people who play this game take this game very seriously, I just wanted to clarify the difference between a "troll" and a "bluffer" and I really think that you have them mixed up Riot. Now, I am not against your new system. I actually love this new system since it got me back to playing ranked. I still get those trolls but who cares I play for fun. It's just I do hope you can make this new system better in the future if you truly re-consider your definition of "troll" as this could very much help with your future decisions on how to make the majority of LoL players happy.
That's why anytime I see "Mid or feed" or any of that going down in the draft chat I simply say "Do your worst bro" because if they are a bluffer screw them for stooping to that, and if they are a troll I'll just report and move on.

triplea92

02-07-2013

Very very very true.

Vi aND CAiT Sux

02-07-2013

Quote:
Thank you for your input.

It would've helped if you actually took the time to read what I posted.

It wasn't even close to a wall of text. Not even 500 words.
Except it is a wall of text.

Troll doesn't necessarily mean what you want it to mean anymore, Bad Logic, Poor Grammarian, Greg. Hence, any amount of words said on the subject is overkill.

Once again, don't actually reply to the substance of the message.

iatre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
You have to factor in other elements, it's not just bluffer or troll only one or the other must exist.

You must consider that the AD soraka has downs and has an IQ of below 50, doesn't understand how the game works, doesn't know that ADraka is generally bad unless you are a prodigy and managed to pull that off. That raka you had in your team wasn't a troll, just a ret4rd trying to win the game thinking his idea will work.
But this simply wasn't the case. I was first pick and called support. Second pick, who picked with me, said that he wanted support and was going support no matter what I said. When the picks got to us, I instalocked Taric at the same time he instalocked Leona.

I shrugged my shoulders and said that I would jungle Taric. I've done it before and was fairly successful with it, and I told my team as much. When the picks came back to us, 3rd pick locked Soraka while in an attempt to force a dodge because according to him, jungle Taric sucks.

What started off as a minor argument over who gets to support and only a slightly suboptimal pick for jungle turned into an impossible game.