League Progression as Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nalfiend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

So I just started playing ranked games this season. I played like 3 last season but didnt feel as comfortable doing it. Now I decided to start playing them more. I did my placement matched and go places in silver. Probably where I should be. I am still learning alot and know I make alot of mistakes. I found that I like playing support the most. Yup I like playing support! I also enjoy the fact that I never have to fight anyone for that role. My question is, will I have a hard time making it up to gold league even if I get better since as support you depend more on your team to win. For example I can get my ADC fed in the laning phase but then he cant team fight well and we lose. Just looking for input from people who main support. Thanks

TL;DR How hard is it to rank up when maining support (silver league)

Pandachu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

I'm gold now and I've had a 100% win rate as Sona and Leona ironically considering my summoner's name. While you can't hard carry your team the truth is rarely does any one person really do that in this game. Support is a solid role that can make plays or prevent the opponents from making them. Also I don't mind playing support so much either because I know some people can't play support if their life depended on it.

rastarogue

02-08-2013

As support if you can either get your carry fed, or at least keep them from falling behind, you will win more games on average then you lose. Ward alot and that win rate will go up more.

Boloney

02-08-2013

I play mostly support these days and I've been rising steadily through upper silver.

Honestly, support is very much underrated. Not only do you have the opportunity to force-feed your adc and cripple the enemy adc in the process, you also give your team map awareness and objective control. Also, who says only mid can roam to other lanes? Supports can gank mid too... just have to be careful about picking the right time.

Of course winning your lane isn't 100% guarantee for a win. But it does raise your chances significantly. And that's all it takes to rise in rank, given time.

Nalfiend

02-08-2013

Thanks for the input. I just had people tell me that maining support at this level will drive you mad haha. I just need to find people to duo with probably. It is a rewarding postion to play in my opinion. Im having fun and thats all that matters

YoloSwag944

02-08-2013

The most important thing is to play to improve yourself. Reflect on your own mistakes after a game, even if your teamates completely derped.