A little thanks to IronStylus

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SixSixTrample

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
No, you don't have to assume that, because the reality is that there is a massive IP that needs to be given order, meaning and substance. That's the reality whether you see it or not, you actually have to give us the benefit of the doubt because the reality is not what you are perceiving directly. You are not seeing this a herculean effort. This takes time.

First, I love Riot. I think you guys are one of the best game companies in the world. That said however, we do have to assume that. There hasn't been any announced real lore plan. There have been bits and pieces, and usually, those pieces are fantastic, but then sometimes we get things like the Soraka/Warwick re-write that just don't really make sense.

We don't really have a cohesive story board behind the game. There are ideas of Noxus, Demacia and Piltover, but we don't really have any way of seeing that lore in the game, or even a central place to get more than a generic overview of the lore.

I completely believe that this is a priority for Riot, and that eventually we will see more amazing things, but we really haven't seen anything in a long time. Integrating the lore into the game would go a long way toward showing the players that lore is a priority.

Things like:

Aligning yourself to a specific nation (per account)
Weekly updates based on what nation is currently winning on the fields of justice
Summoner Icons that represent your chosen nation
Ward icons for nations
Deeper character biographies that take into account the entire league, not just that character

Again, I think Riot is doing amazing in a lot of areas, but based on evidence available, we have to assume that lore isn't a priority until we start to see some discussion about it.

Vongeo

02-08-2013

yay lore stuff.

I'll have to apologize for *****ing possibly.

Xulsigae

02-08-2013

As much as the Creative Team has given us, you (Iron Stylus) have interacted with us (the Summoners) on a far more regular basis (or so it seems. If I'm wrong, please say so). It's always a joy to see what new puzzles and such you have. I know Kitae and Runaan are just as hard working, but since we see you more often, it's far easier to associate you with the Lore. Perhaps you just overshadow them (in a good way of course). The upshot of this is, you get the attention whenever lore is brought up. Someone who is more interactive with a fanbase is far more visible and is linked more often than someone who may be doing the work but isn't as engaged.

On another subject- I know that Riot wants to give us the best lore. But I find it puzzling that to do such a thing, you removed two outlets for it without something to replace them. Why were the Judgements and Journal removed? Were they too much of a drain on resources? It just feels odd. Having something 'pretty good' is better to me than 'nothing, and then something VERY good.' What eventually comes out will feel lesser due to having little, even if it's amazing. Having something, then nothing, then something again sorta diminishes it.

Black Colonel J

05-20-2013

Well of course she'd naturally be biased to the goddess's of her own creation...