Janna has been a bit weak lately...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Berneko

02-07-2013

Recently, I noticed Janna is having a really hard time in lane. Sure, she's really good in teamfights and is amazing at peeling, but laning with her is HELL. She has no sustain and no poke. Against Sona or Lulu (support with a lot of poke) she just gets harassed and is forced to spam her shields, causing her to be oom constantly. I have a few suggestions that may improve her, feel free to suggest other options or change mine:

Q: Howling Gale
The only problem is that it takes too long to charge up. Perhaps change it from 3 seconds to fully charge up, to 2 seconds. It has a long range, but it's easy to see even in bushes. It's going to knock them up for longer and provide a stronger poke.

W: Zephyr
Buff its range! Change it from 600 to 700.

E: Eye of the Storm

Over time, this shield could heal the champion shielded by 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+ 90% AP). If the shield is broken, the heal stops. The duration should be buffed from 5 seconds to 6 seconds.

R: Monsoon

Nothing wrong with this ability.

02-07-2013

if you play janna and you try to land a fully charged howling gale your gonna expect it to miss, i dont even use it for the damage only the disrupt of it and monsoon. janna is played for her very strong cc not the damage and heal. what i really hate is seeing janna's trying to full blow off the ult its a great thign for teamfights send 2 one way 3 the next. focus the 2 then go to the 3

i dont see why you need the heal for the shield too its use dfor mainly the B.F. sword it gives on demand and damage taker.

EDIT i do kinda agree on the range of zephyr but not 100 maybe 50?

Technician Tim

02-07-2013

yeah jannas real weak right now unless you want a high damage fast pushing bot lane, if for some reason say, other team has no jungler, and TF isnt their mid?

i just use sona or nami right now, janna will get some love eventually

EZBake Champion

02-07-2013

Janna has never been a lane support. Her focus is teamfights. If you make something thats great at laning and teamfights, that would be ridiculous. Thats like making amumu a really good duelist because he is easy to counterjungle,

Feefeekiller

02-08-2013

I haven't played her too much S3, but so far I'm actually very happy with her. I feel the AP ratio on her shield to encourage putting some items on her that DO something, and I could have sworn it was like a 5 second charge on her Q, now it's 3? Either I haven't played her in FOREVER (truth) or the buffed that. In addition, seeing how boots got nerfed and base move speed got buffed, Janna doesn't need to buy boots until she feels like it. Either I've just been homesick for her, or maybe I'm just playing her right because I love how she's fitting in right now. But I wouldn't turn down a buff.

Dark Nephthys

02-08-2013

I main Janna as my fav and best support, and while it's true that her laning phase is kind of bad (her team fights are amazing, like what was mentioned).

Her Q is fine the way it is, the only time you should let it fully charge is when your just harassing in lane, but the key is to position it very weirdly so that the enemy can't guess where it's coming. (Putting it in a expected area like the bushes is not gonna do you any good. Try like behind walls in the river when they push up)

Her W could use a range increase, since you really need to get that to start being any help in team fights/ganks. Slow them, knock them up and shield your strongest AD ally and watch the enemy die lol.

The shield is already good, a 90% AP Ratio on a skill that shields incoming damage AND gives 50 AD is way more then enough. The only thing I could think of that would be a fair buff (if she really needed it on her E) would be either be reduced cooldown or increasing range but both are actually fine the way it is.

Honestly I would love for her to get buffed but the only ways I can see it happening to make her better (and not an op support) would be either Increasing range on her Auto attack and Skills, Decreasing Cooldowns, or increasing her Mana and Mana Regen (So that early game she won't run out of mana like she does a lot in lanes)

OMBlah

02-08-2013

She was my go-to in S2, but she's just not as fun or effective in S3 for me anymore.

She's obviously not on the docket for a kit rework seeing as she's still viable, but I think Riot could give her some love in the distant future to make her lovely again.
She IS one of the oldest champs in the game, and like Soraka her gameplay design isn't as sophisticated as newer supports like Lulu and Thresh.

I think her Q CD should begin on the first cast rather than after the second proc. A fully charged Howling Gale is near impossible to land, so doing this would, like they did with Lux, reward her for strategically timing her casts rather than double clicking Q almost every time.
+Another thing they could do is decrease the initial AP ratio, but give the charges an AP ratio.

This would be really hard to balance, but it would skyrocket her fun-factor if they implement a 2 charge zephyr system or something.
Like she gains a Zephyr every 12/11/10/9/8 seconds, and each one increases her Msp by 2/3/5/6/8%. AND she can use one proc to either deal 30/60/90/120/150 (+.25) damage and slow for 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds
OR she can use one to heal an ally by 15/30/45/60/75(+.125) and haste them by 4/6/10/12/16% for 3 seconds

This stuff obviously won't happen, but I can dream of Zephyr town.

Berneko

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMBlah View Post
She was my go-to in S2, but she's just not as fun or effective in S3 for me anymore.

She's obviously not on the docket for a kit rework seeing as she's still viable, but I think Riot could give her some love in the distant future to make her lovely again.
She IS one of the oldest champs in the game, and like Soraka her gameplay design isn't as sophisticated as newer supports like Lulu and Thresh.

I think her Q CD should begin on the first cast rather than after the second proc. A fully charged Howling Gale is near impossible to land, so doing this would, like they did with Lux, reward her for strategically timing her casts rather than double clicking Q almost every time.
+Another thing they could do is decrease the initial AP ratio, but give the charges an AP ratio.

This would be really hard to balance, but it would skyrocket her fun-factor if they implement a 2 charge zephyr system or something.
Like she gains a Zephyr every 12/11/10/9/8 seconds, and each one increases her Msp by 2/3/5/6/8%. AND she can use one proc to either deal 30/60/90/120/150 (+.25) damage and slow for 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds
OR she can use one to heal an ally by 15/30/45/60/75(+.125) and haste them by 4/6/10/12/16% for 3 seconds

This stuff obviously won't happen, but I can dream of Zephyr town.
Really interesting things on your Zephyr idea! Riot deserves to know about this!

Densuo

02-10-2013

Make Zephyr have two uses Similar to Soraka's infuse: use it on an enemy it slows them, use it on a team mate, they get her passive speed boost.

Xarue

02-11-2013

yeah jenna is annoying weak, she not that good in teamfight but more the get your butts out of the fire or in after that she kinda useless. I call for a rework on her abilities although sheilding a tower is cool but its useless if they really want it or have dynomite in there pockets.