Jungling Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeryGB

02-07-2013

Another question about zed guys, is his ult really that good? Because I read the effect an it's like meh, does it gives a good burst?

Sagelobu

02-07-2013

I swear, grab darius and learn to jungle with him. You'll be so happy.

Drakojan

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeryGB View Post
Another question about zed guys, is his ult really that good? Because I read the effect an it's like meh, does it gives a good burst?
It's insane. Once you get your BT and BC, one R E Q combo and they're dead.

TyrantOfHades

02-08-2013

Well some good junglers less than 6300 are Maokai and Xin Zhao. They can also lane very well. But I think the easiest and most fun jungler is Warwick, however his laning capapbilities aren't too great.

EvanIfy

02-08-2013

TBH, Master Yi was one of the most fun junglers back when I was level 1-10.
And with learning to jungle, Warwick is pretty good, cheap as well, and his ult is really good for ganks.

DekonCross

02-08-2013

My favorite jungle champs are (In no speciffic order)

Nocturne
Jarvin IV
Jax
Volibear
Lee Sin
Olaf
Amumu (when he isnt banned)
Xin Zhao
Poppy

Poppy is really tanky low levels with her w her e can be used to stun main minions off the walls of their respective camps. Her Q does 8% of the targets hp as flat dmg on targets. However your w is going to be your bread and butter. It gives you mobility and 10 stacks of dmg + armor is easy to get it builds when your hit when you hit ect. Her ulti can let you turret dive at lvl 6 and best of all any dmg that she takes over 10% of her max hp is reduced by 50%

Noct's passive gives him decent sustain his q gives him a giant boost in dmg as well as doing decent dmg itself. His ulti gives you GREAT range to punish people who over extend not to mention it scares the heck out of the enemy team even if you dont use it on anyone. Oh and his w gives you a spell shield that you can use to basically ignore the next spell someone may use on you and it gives you a good atk speed boost. You have some CC with your e. He is just all around a decent jungle and can do top lane pretty well.

Lee Sin is pretty awesome cause your not mana dependent. Bring wards with you as you can place them around the jungle with you and dash to them with your w to help you clear faster. He has great cc with his e. Double activating his w gives you a giant boost in spell vamp and life steal. His q can double activate if it hits someone to dash to them or use it to escape to a minion camp if you find yourself out numbered in unfriendly territory. However like I said set up wards so you have escape routes for getting out. His ulti can be used to kick enemies into turrets or save the lives of allies his e does aoe dmg and double active slows them. Did I mention he doesnt have mana so yeah. Hes always ready to gank as long as you arent super low on hp.

Xin Xhao is incredible he can top, adc, and jungle.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35311463#history

His e will dash to someone and slow them his q after 3 hits knocks people up into the air disrupting skills\stunning people. His w passive restores hp every 3rd hit his ulti knocks people back except for the first person you focus. Oh and using his q lowers the cool down of his other skills.

Jax he has his e that allows him to ignore dmg then stun people, his w does crazy dmg and his q is an awesome gap closer\escape as you can q to wards\minions with it. His ulti every 3rd hit is boosted from ability power and does good dmg and best of all each continuous hit builds his passive which gives atk speed.

Jarvin IV gets passive atk speed and armor from his e which doubles when you activate his e his q drops targets armor as well as if it hits his e itll pull you towards it and knock any targets between you and your flag up into the air. His w gives a good slow and a shield based off of how many enemy champs are near you the more the bigger the shield his ult traps people in a small area with you dealing huge dmg when its activated. Lastly his passive causes the first hit you do on people to do dmg based on a portion of their max hp so he will hit ya hard.

Olaf is a giant tank the more hp he has the more dmg he will do when his w is active however your major burst dmg will come from your e which does true dmg has a short cool down and no mana cost however it has a cost based on hp. Lvl 5 uses 180 hp to use it. However with a warmog spirit visage and some other things you wont even notice that hp missing. His passive increases your attack speed based off how much hp you are missing. Which is another reason to build him tanky if you have 3k hp and are at half hp thats 50% atk speed boost his w active gives you a boost in dmg as well as life steal and spell vamp. His q is a skill shot that does some good dmg and slows targets trying to escape.

Insane tank volibear. He just has so much cc its not even fair. His ganks are amazing run in with your q flip targets away from safety hit them with your e to slow them and then get 3 hits on them and use your w active and tada you should have killed them. Volibear like olaf is another champ you build full tank. Your w active does a huge burst of dmg based on your hp on average when im fed I build 2warmogs atimas impailer spirit visage ninja tabi and either a 3rd warmog or gardian angel cause why not have 5+k hp or just revive in the middle of a team fight with half your already high hp an start messing people up again. His ulti is more for show however it does chain dmg to nearby enemies so itll help you clear minions and it does ok dmg to champions. His passive though it just awesome when you hit 30% of your hp it activates your passive healing you 30% of your hp over 5 or 10 seconds. The more hp you have the more it heals and dont quote me but I think the 20% healing effect spirit visage gives boosts the 30% of your max hp regen. I need to test this though.

Amumu ah this lil sad mummy. He is obnoxiously over powered. His w does dmg based on targets max hp Building tanky I can get this to about 12%. This is dps to targets near you. His passive reduces targets magic resist. His e does a nice burst of aoe dmg and his q can be used to pull yourself through walls while jungle or even to initiate ganks. Hes nice and cheap. Build him ap tanky and you can just rape people with your ulti it prevents people from moving or attacking for a short period of time.

All in all as long as you dont play draft amumu is a good choice for a jungle as hes cheap same with poppy only 450IP each. Most of the other champs I listed are kinda expensive however. Nocturne is on sale at present. Xin is only 3150.

Just remember almost any melee\fighter champions can jungle. Some just do really well at it. There are also ap casters who excel in the jungle.

All the champs listed have the ability to jungle and also top lane. Except for amumu I only ever see him jungle. I guess he can maybe mid or top?! Not sure. Anyways good luck picking out a jungle champ hope this may have helped your choices.

Jesustim

02-08-2013

Nautilus is one of the best CC junglers in the game except for amumu, and he's infinitely better than sej because he has a good amount of CC and the natural tankiness that sejuani lacks.

you need to hit lvl 20 to jungle w/ nautilus, he CANNOT clear without attack speed runes, as they are what fuel his early clear times (they keep his shield up, proc his AOE, and increase total damage output from his autos at lvls 1-4).

Nautilus is also among the deadliest ganking jungles in the game because of how well he can stick to his target. honestly if you're looking for a good jungle to learn you picked a fine one in naut, just hit 20 so you have the runes he needs to succeed.

Jesustim

02-08-2013

as for zed, if you have the micro skills to pull of his combo completely (ult into shadow spawn with a triple shadowslash/shuriken) it is 100% guaranteed kill every time unless they have psychic flash skills.

DravenGyllenhaal

02-08-2013

If you're looking to carry your way to plat. There are a few choices, my personal favorite would be Hec, followed closely by Lee Sin. These are champions that can basically single handedly win games if you play them correctly and work with your team comps.
For some insight on how these champs are played I recommend you look to Diamondprox for his Lee Sin play. And Shadows Of Zero for his outstanding Hecarim play.
I believe Shadows Of Zero has actually put a guide up somewhere for deeper insight.

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeryGB View Post

Yes, if you use it properly. Zed is played in the top levels of the game, successfully.

Boots Brutalizer (jungling, get madreds/wriggles first) bloodthirster bloodthirster last whisper bloodthirster and then GA/Mallet/Warmogs/QSS+ Merc scimitar
Sell brutalizer for a BT. Zeds damage is unreasonable the more AD you have.

He's best played against squishies, or in a poke comp, or if you have some tanks to keep you alive. He is incredibly fragile but his damage is insane. You just have to be careful.

His skill requirement is quite high.