Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you beat a Lux?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mokkun

02-07-2013

Her cd's are long and her spells expensive, and the most you should be getting tagged with is E.

It's like playing against nidalee only she can't heal and doesn't hurt as much, just more potential burst.
Use the gaps between spells to do stuff, be it farming or harassing. Play things that can wave clear and fight at a distance if you're having trouble with assassins that run her down between spells.

Hammer

02-07-2013

Quote:
Haunted Chef:
I just lost that lane. Ult way out of the way of the snare only to be snared anyway because it's buggy or something. Before 6, she could just wail on me and there was nothing I could do about it.

Uh, you're doing something wrong then. Soon as you hit 6 you go aggressive, R in and then Q-E and go back to farming while she has 50% health now

I literally have never lost a diamond level game when I play kass vs lux, its one of the hardest counters i know of.

XSparkleFistX

02-07-2013

Talon. Kha'zix. Anyone who does damage while building health.

LoudFootSteps

02-07-2013

You played Fizz and didn't have success? She must be using basic attacks to farm. Therefore she will have to get into AA range. There is an opportunity to hit her with your Urchin Strike as Fizz. She shouldn't be able to land her skillshots if you are darting around the lane really fast.

AbusedNoob

02-07-2013

If you can't beat a Lux with Kassadin or Fizz, you're just getting outplayed. In other words, your skill level is not high enough to even beat what you can counter.

Coaches

02-07-2013

Wait until she uses a spell, then go in.

emberfly

02-07-2013

If you suck at dodging (which it sounds like you do) pick a champ that doesn't have to dodge her... like Malzahar or Ahri or Morgana... people who can farm without even having to be near the minion wave.

Also, like others have said, her cooldowns are long.. after she casts a spell, rip her to pieces! She has to wait 8-10 seconds before casting that spell again. Use that time to your advantage.

Also, have some MR in your build. I always take MR as a mid. It is super effective. Early MR >>>>> Early AP.

Aeolian Melodies

02-07-2013

Quote:
Haunted Chef:
I've tried some of her supposed counters, Fizz, LeBlanc, and Kassadin, but all I've found is that they can't even get close enough to deal damage to her because of the big AoE slow thing. And, if I finally do get close to her, she just presses Q and walks away. The width on that snare is like five times what it looks like it is...

So, really, what am I supposed to do? Her range and massive damage make it impossible to do any farming... What do I do? Who do I play?

If you're having troubles against Lux, play her so you can see how she plays, how fast her spells move, etc - this will help you because once Lux misses a skillshot, she is in trouble if you take the fight to her because she has long CDs during the laning phase. Know her CDs and take advantage of it.

The common link between those three characters is they have gap closers - and that's really, really Lux's bane. ****ing assassins. Lux has to build glass canon to do damage, so Lux buillds big pew pew and stands far behind, but if someone gets ON HER FACE she can't abuse her range anymore and that makes for a very sad Lux. She's squishy, squishier even than your average mid, those high-burst assassins are really a problem to her.

Most Lux use E to farm so you can easily avoid taking damage from it by not standing in your minions - it's also what Lux typically maxes first so the snare won't be doing too much damage early on. As for the Q, Kassadin has a blink, Fizz becomes untargetable. They can react to a snare in their direction by going TOWARDS Lux with their gap closer then doing whatever damage they have on her face. LB's W is a dash so she actually has to dodge the snare before she blows her load on Lux, but overall all three of these champions eat Lux whenever they please. Kass has a hard time pre-6 (then again he has a hard time against pretty much everyone pre-6) but then he owns her.

Oh, and as for farming. The point of LB in lane is not to outfarm your opponents, it's to kill them until they're worth less than a minion.

slifer556

02-07-2013

Take a paddle and ...

oh wait.

Kat Commander

02-07-2013

Bait her skill shots and general slow moving abilities, and force her to oom. This is pretty easy to do, even if she has an early Chalice. Just make sure not to get hit by any of her skills, or she'll combo off it for a lot of hurt. That's really all there is to it.