where did mordekaiser leave his big boy's pants?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mrdude5410

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza Tvyl View Post
That's kind of my point, you can play customs, bots, normals, ARAMs, that's cool.

But generally speaking, when you discuss balancing, you want people who understand the game mechanics and play to win, not guys who are playing for fun.
This.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Oh okay, so you are admitting you were wrong.

He -does- have a steroid, you just don't like it.

Noted.
Hey, I may make a jackass out of myself, but I'll admit when I'm wrong.
Quote:
Here's my question for you then;
Why would Darius need an MS boost while fighting minions?
I guess Jungle Darius would benefit from it slightly.
Still, your argument is flimsy at best.
We were talking about defensive qualities between the two champions, and again, Mordekaiser's shield and bonus defense stats are stronger than +5% MS as far as defense goes.
Quote:
I was uncertain so I looked it up and it's true, Apprehend does have shorter range.

So good point. You still won't dodge either one unless the opposing player is absolutely terrible.
And you won't get HIT by either one unless you're absolutely terrible.

See what I did there?
Quote:
Blitzcrank's Q is a displacement ability that functions as a gap closer.
By definition, any skill that "closes the gap" between two champions is a gap closer(Duh?).

Surely your high IQ allows you to realize that?
I'll give you that one. Even if grabs require your opponent to be retarded to work.
Quote:
Oh please, English isn't even my native language.
You do well despite that
Quote:
Again, why would Darius need MS while farming minions?

If no enemy champions are around, what does he need the extra MS for?
Hey look, still missing the point of what I said. I'm not saying he needs MS while farming minions, I'm saying he's too goddamn slow to tap anyone for bonus MS unless they're out of position.
Quote:
That's it, I'm lolkinging you.

JustMyBassCanon
Unsurprisingly, your stats are freaking horrible.

Here's mine.
You don't know what you're talking about kid, stick to playing Dominion and ARAMs , thanks.
GG'd son
Ooh, ****, someone brought out the lolking and found out I don't play Ranked and don't have the free time to play the game as much as I did in Season 1 and 2. Good job. You've officially proven that I spend more time doing plumbing than playing video games (I say this because I'm jealous of your free time).

And thankfully, you at least agree that Mordekaiser's **** right now.

ADDENDUM: I respect you, mostly for not being a mouth-breathing ****** like a sad majority of this forum, but I want to point out that looking up my lolking stats is not an argument. At all. At best, it's a red herring and more frequently it's used as ad hominem, which is the least effective debate tool.

agbudar

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X74X View Post
Considering I barely play ranked and normals contain a variety of many people; No.

look in normal games he is fine because people cant counter pick in such cases

but in ranked were people have a massive amount of champions to pick that can go at least toe to toe with him and in most cases will force him to towerhug for the first 8 lvls unless you have a really reaaaaally good jungler

take teemo for example a full ap teemo with his poison shot and blinding dart will totally obliterate your shield the first 8 lvl's and he will dish out way more damage then you.

my point is yes there should be fun but the way that the game is balanced it should never lead to people simply not playing mordekaiser in ranked i feel like I'm the only one actually playing him in my division

doesn't that fact state the obvious?
(silver IV)

Fawstus

02-15-2013

I've posted it somewhere else that I can't find anymore, but I was wondering about a few changes that could increase Morde's potential, without, I hope, turning him into an OP champ, that would soon be overnerfed again.

But before that, let me tell you guys about something I've been working at: a few days ago I took a small trip to LoL Wiki and searched for 'Fighter', which resulted in a list that contained all LoL champs that 'should' be in that category. The title of 'Figher' presumes equal potential to both damage and tankness without exceling in both. It meas that while building a 'Fighter' you have some degree of both, but could specialize and still have a bit of the other and still work just fine.

With that list in my hands, I procceded to calculate the average for each champ stats like health, mana, AD, armor and etc. Now, I know, and you all probably know too, that a Champion's viability is a result of not only his stats, but also has to do a lot with what his kit allows him to do. I will get there in an instant.

Now, Morde is below average on many of his stats (some very below, like Health and Health by level) while having irrelevant stats above average (slightly) like AD and ASPD. Now, why the hell a AP champ such as Morde, although being melee, has better stats in AD and ASPD while sucking hard on Health, health regen and armor? Take a look at Garen's stats, for example, and you'll see that he is above average (some stats, very above average) on most stats that are relevant for a fighter.

Now, about his kit. I will use Garen's example again, since he is, somehow, in the same category as Morde. Garen has one of the most self sustained lanes around. His 'Perseverance' means he could stay in lane like, forever. 'Decisive Strike' brings so many good stuff it looks like a joke: cleanses slows, silences victims, increases speed and has a AD ratio of 1.4 (even with a 'low' base damage)? C'mon, that's the definition of good! 'Courage' also is too good to be true: insta tankness with extra 20% armor and MR, activates and you get tenacity and reduces damage taken by almost 1/3 o.O. 'Judgement' is the reason they called it 'spin to win'. He also has his Ult there too, with a solid 'fatality' effect on anyone stupid enough to stay around with low health. He does all that without expending any form of energy, only suffering due to cooldown restrictions.

Let's see Morde now. Almost all of his skills consume health to be used, which is the opposite of being self-sustained in the lane. His ratios for AP are kind of low. His 'Iron Maiden' is a great passive, seriously, but without some extras around, it is the same as having a bit of extra health that will be gone in seconds. 'Mace of Spades' hits hard enough, but is quite situational, since it may affect minions around that you may or may not want to hit, if it does, the damage falls quite a bit. It does nothing else with the enemy, just damage, no CC, no dash, no cleanse. Just pain. The thing that saves this skill is it's small cld. 'Creeping Death' has Morde's best AP ratio, while giving him some armor and MR, but nothing else. If the defense bonus was a passive and maybe if it granted tenacity or speed on activation it would be a good skill. 'Syphon of Destruction' is Morde's bread and butter. He uses it to farm, he uses it to poke and he uses it to build shield. The thing is, Morde's a sucker for AoE, since he builds less shield and benefits far less from Spellvamp, two things that are priorities for him. It also has a low AP ratio, while having a decent base damage. 'Children of the Grave' is nice, until the enemy team takes notice and starts countering you.

You see, while Morde has better cooldowns, characters like Garen that are, by definition, well suited to their role of 'Fighter', have better stats and kits than he has. If you build him to deal damage, he will be a Glass Cannon that can be easily countered and that deals far less damage than other Glass Cannons. If you build him the other way around you will survive well, but wont do anything that matters to your team, since there is no CC here. If you try to build him OffTank, you wont do either, lacking the defenses to survive and the damage to kill.

My thoughts.