Hecarim, just an Idea.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ValorAndGlory

02-07-2013

After giving Riot the entire pre-season to decide if they are going to keep the, albeit minor, base movement speed boost. You remember this right?

"Movement Speed

Movement Speed bonus on all Boot items has been reduced by 25
Base Movement Speed on all champions has been increased by 25"

From the season 3 patch note. Well this really cut into Hecarim's viability in jungle, my opinion, and the machete just doesn't compensate for the decrease in speed that he suffers from thanks to the patch.

Now I have an Idea of how to not only fix this, again minor, problem and make Hecarim more appealing to play in general.

Give him his own unique boots, while playing as Hecarim the normal boots are replaced with Horse Shoes and just like the boots they replace they give boosts.
some examples could be like "The Shoes of Shadows - UNIQUE Passive - Enhanced Movement: +50 Movement Speed" to replace the Boots of Speed, but as you notice these boots give the original movement speed bonus and not the 25 that the normal boots give because, just to add a reason, there are four boots or two pairs of boots. This boost only translates for the speed not the other bonuses, or in other words "The Shoes of Onslaught" which could be his Berserker's Greaves only gives him +20% Attack Speed UNIQUE Passive - Enhanced Movement: +70 Movement Speed not +40% Attack Speed UNIQUE Passive - Enhanced Movement: +70 Movement Speed, just to even it out a bit. Or another way of sayig this is that each set of Horse Shoes is just the boot speed from before the patch.

The reason why I say that this is a minor that while it impacts even his laning phase after you get a good build going he is still slightly viable.

Yuan Shikai

02-07-2013

His passive ad bonus has ALWAYS been evry minor and his ad was icnreased to compensate for the change. Hecarim is one of if not THE most powerful and most immortal lategame tank of the game, he has ALWAYS been weak earlygame for that exact reason, he does not really need buffs.

ValorAndGlory

02-07-2013

While mostly true, before the patch I could at least solo blue buff with nothing more then a pair of boots, 2 hp pots, and is Q but with the patch he has grown weaker while other jungles such as rammus or fiddlesticks have been barely impacted, negatively or otherwise by the change. Oh and I did fail to mention to those that don't play Hecarim, all of his abilities are weakened against jungle monsters as well as minions, there is no question about his Lane phase he is still viable, I am talking strictly jungle. Just think of the numbers for a minute, his passive is

Warpath Hecarim ignores unit collision and gains attack damage equal to 10% / 12.5% / 15% / 17.5% / 20% / 22.5% / 25% of his bonus movement speed.

Now before the patch Hecarim would buy boots of speed which gave +50 movement speed and thanks to his passive would in turn give +5 bonus ad but now after the patch boots of speed give you only +25 or only +2.5 bonus movement speed. Also they didn't increase the drop off on movement speed bonuses. In other words all of this, as far as I am aware is still in effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
[url=http://www.leagueoflegends.com/learn/gameplay]III. Movement

Q: How much movement do the different levels of boots add?

A: Level 1 adds 50, Level 2 adds 70, Level 3 adds 90, etc.

Q: How do movement modifiers work? (Credit to Larias)

A: First, you have your base movement of say 300. You add boots first, always boots first, so if you have boots added.

Let's say you get boots 2. That's 370 movement. Then, you get 35% movement speed buff from items or runes or masteries or buffs: that 370 is multiplied by 1.35, or 499.5 movement speed. If this is the only thing affecting your movement speed, the diminishing returns formula kicks in.

Now, let's say you get slowed by 38% (ashe arrows). What happens is the ORIGINAL 499.5 is multiplied by .62, and you get 309.69 movement speed. Because 309 is not above or below diminishing returns, you stay at that speed.

Q: What are these diminishing movement returns? (Credit to Guinsoo)

A: For each point of movement you would have above 490, that amount is reduced by 50%. So if your final movement speed was 748, it would be reduced to 490 + (748-490)*0.5 = 604. For each point of movement you would have above 415, it is reduced by 20%. So if your speed after all mods was 445, you would end with 415 + 30 * 0.8 = 439.

Q: Do slows stack?

A: Yes and no. Slows from items do not stack among themselves (Phage, Frozen Mallet, Rylai's Crystal Scepter). However, all other slows stack.

Just like the diminishing returns for bonus movement speed, being slowed has diminishing returns starting at and below 210.
so the fact that all of the other champs now are buffed in movement speed while Hecarim is actually scaled back I feel that he needs some way to actually increase his movement speed so he can stay viable in jungle.

Also @ Yuan Shikai I can't find the update that states that they increased Hecarim's base ad could you please provide a link.

Yuan Shikai

02-07-2013

V1.0.0.152:

Base attack damage increased to 59 from 56.
Attack damage per level increased to 3.2 from 3.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValorAndGlory View Post
While mostly true, before the patch I could at least solo blue buff with nothing more then a pair of boots, 2 hp pots, and is Q but with the patch he has grown weaker while other jungles such as rammus or fiddlesticks have been barely impacted, negatively or otherwise by the change. Oh and I did fail to mention to those that don't play Hecarim, all of his abilities are weakened against jungle monsters as well as minions, there is no question about his Lane phase he is still viable, I am talking strictly jungle. Just think of the numbers for a minute, his passive is

Warpath Hecarim ignores unit collision and gains attack damage equal to 10% / 12.5% / 15% / 17.5% / 20% / 22.5% / 25% of his bonus movement speed.

Now before the patch Hecarim would buy boots of speed which gave +50 movement speed and thanks to his passive would in turn give +5 bonus ad but now after the patch boots of speed give you only +25 or only +2.5 bonus movement speed. Also they didn't increase the drop off on movement speed bonuses. In other words all of this, as far as I am aware is still in effect

so the fact that all of the other champs now are buffed in movement speed while Hecarim is actually scaled back I feel that he needs some way to actually increase his movement speed so he can stay viable in jungle.

Also @ Yuan Shikai I can't find the update that states that they increased Hecarim's base ad could you please provide a link.
PEOPLE READ MY FAQS!!!

note it may be VERY out of date since I think I wrote it 3 years ago.