Sightstone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethlinlol

02-07-2013

I play support a lot since I always let everyone else pick roles first and it's often the last one. I have a question about the sightstone.

Now I am not pro and honestly I am probably considered "bad", so this is probably a stupid question/opinion. I am not a fan of the sightstone, it's limited to 3 non-pink wards, the extra HP is not too awesome in my opinion either.

With a sightstone I will often have to use another item slot for wards as 3 just isn't enough, and use a 3rd for extreme ward coverage (Very situational, but it has happened) Stone + 5 Wards + 5 Pinks

Is this item really worth the gold and item slot? I am aware the gold pays off after 8 or so, but gradually buying them as needed feels easier then dumping a huge amount of gold once while being limited to 3 (Yeah it carries 5, but I don't count it as you can only have 3 out) and having to return to base once it's used.

ROKAF JE

02-07-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=sighstone
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=sighstone

Short answer: Yes. It pays for itself 2-5 times over during games longer than 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
You can have more than enough map vision with a sightstone and a stack of pinks. 2 slots for wards isn't bad, considering your only true core items are Shurelya's, Boots and Ruby Sightstone.

Technically ruby sightstone is free after a certain period (yes, including the health and the recipe cost)
It's the best investment you can make.

M1ST4K3N

02-07-2013

If you're having to buy 5 wards and 5 pinks in addition to your sightstone every trip back, then you need to be getting on your teammates for not warding. A lot of bad players pin warding solely on the support, when, in actuality, it should be everyone's job(or atleast multiple players' jobs). There's no need to have one character dropping 1050 gold per trip on wards. But yes, the sightstone is definitely a worthwhile item to pick up for all supports.

ROKAF JE

02-07-2013

You don't need a stack of pinks and a stack of regular wards on top of sightstone.
All you really need is sightstone and 2 pinks

Pixiehorse

02-07-2013

You can dominate most of the time with a total of 5 wards out and 2 pinks. 5 of those are yours, you need some other player like top or jungle which has wriggles usually to drop the 6th and anyone for that last one. Wont happen every game but if you communicate in chat. I find just saying

[Pro Tip] Wards win games and saves lives, costs 3cs. Get one if you have a free slot please.

I get the usual flames back, but I only need 1-2 people out of 4 to listen to me. If I'm playing top or jungle I always roam with 3 wards to help the support. Vision wins games, always will. Wards and a Oracle, if you can do that and keep your adc alive. You can carry the game, even though you will never get credit.