Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagovirus

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
hashinshin:
these buffs do seem... excessive.

The 20 flat mana on Q was pretty good, everything else was like wait what wait what wait waht



The main problem is that out of the mana cost on Q, the buffs aren't what Nasus needs AT ALL except maybe the double Q stack on big minions/monsters (which allows a better Jungle Nasus).


Don't get me wrong, they are nice, but the range on Wither won't change that much (even if it's nice and reduce the kitability of Nasus a bit), and his ulti change is too much and probably broken (hell, the mana cost were needed, but probably too good, and the AA range is "wtf ???&quot.


The main Nasus problem and what SHOULD be buffed before making those changes (specially on such a frantic rythm without testing) is his base stats (including mana) and his mana costs (Q in lane, which got solved, Wither that is STILL too expensive, and should start far lower... and E mana which is insane for no damage without AP.....).

But hey, whatever makes Nasus better i'm fine with it... as LONG as Riot don't botch it as usual, buff him insanely without testing (like now), then again, to the point he becomes too good and then NEUTER him.

Oh and don't complain about Olaf, he was buffed when he was already insanely strong, and he benefited more than most others from S3 changes, and the nerfs that hit him were quite right, he is still MORE THAN GOOD, FAR from where Nasus has been for over a year....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagovirus

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
hashinshin:
Yeah lets go talk to the OTHER high ELO nasus player

I think his name was hashinshin.



Or we can talk and listen to the only one who do really play him well and has spent hours making guides and threads analysing Nasus, his strenghts, weaknesses, what buffs he neeeded, what could be done, and what is happening to it right now ?

No, it's not you, not even close, it's Hyfe.


And seriously, EVEN with those buffs i'm not sure that Nasus will be that great because his early is still bad, the only thing is that now he'll probably be able to reach his insane late game more often and faster.


My only grip with the current PBE changes is the aa range on his ulti, that is a buff to his late game he didn't need, and IT WILL be a problem, one way or another.

The rest is mostly what Nasus needed, reduced mana consumption overall.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yook

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Sagovirus:
Or we can talk and listen to the only one who do really play him well and has spent hours making guides and threads analysing Nasus, his strenghts, weaknesses, what buffs he neeeded, what could be done, and what is happening to it right now ?

No, it's not you, not even close, it's Hyfe.


And seriously, EVEN with those buffs i'm not sure that Nasus will be that great because his early is still bad, the only thing is that now he'll probably be able to reach his insane late game more often and faster.


My only grip with the current PBE changes is the aa range on his ulti, that is a buff to his late game he didn't need, and IT WILL be a problem, one way or another.

The rest is mostly what Nasus needed, reduced mana consumption overall.


His ultimate always increased his range by 25 but wasn't stated, you honestly won't even notice this buff. And I love hyfe too, i wish he'd stream or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owlstar

Senior Member

02-07-2013

When I first saw the original buffs I didn't like them either. If Nasus gets nerfed later I'll be so mad :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dogbiter

Senior Member

02-07-2013

implying olaf is weak now


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagovirus

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Krunxor:
His ultimate always increased his range by 25 but wasn't stated, you honestly won't even notice this buff. And I love hyfe too, i wish he'd stream or something.



Spectate.us is your friend for those that don't stream (though you won't have commentary but it's a start :/).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yook

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
dogbiter:
implying olaf is weak now


Implying they didnt need to buff him to his broken state last year when he was perfectly fine. I'm fine with nerfing broken champions, but overbuffing is my biggest complaint with Riot as of late, because all it does is attract elo *****s and makes the true lovers of the champion feel dirty playing them while broken and angry when they then get nerfed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yook

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Sagovirus:
Spectate.us is your friend for those that don't stream (though you won't have commentary but it's a start :/).

thanks ill check it out


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagovirus

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Krunxor:
His ultimate always increased his range by 25 but wasn't stated, you honestly won't even notice this buff. And I love hyfe too, i wish he'd stream or something.



Yeah i know, but 125+50 starts to be quite noticeable compared to 125+25.

I'm afraid it's a bit much.

We will see.

(i love Nasus so i can't wait for the live version of PBE, but i don't want him broken :/)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kenzo84

Senior Member

02-07-2013

there will be a FotM dude.
Voyboy and wings will play him top and he will do well in a competition in ONE game.

FotM
New skin
FotM QQ on forums
Skin sale
Nerfs.

Tencent marketing team OP.