The Doomsday for Elise players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shynaynay

02-07-2013

Well, it looks like Elise is finally catching on with the public. She's being banned and picked left and right. How much longer do you guys think she has 'till the nerfhammer finds her? Where do you guys think she's too strong at?

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

I don't even find her strong at all o_O, as long as I can dodge her stun, I'm good.

The only thing I really hate about her is that stupid jump skill, worse than Troll-Pool and Troll-Pole

Rhengorne

02-07-2013

She has already been nerfed. She is fine, people just dont understand how to fight her (hint build some mr)

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

In some ways I was happy to see her in the recent qualifiers, in others I was sad. I loved playing her when she came out, and people didnt know her well enough so they just thought she sucked. Was always fun proving them wrong. Ah well, even if they nerf her I bet I will still play her. Just like how I will play Ahri now and then even though I have fallen in love with Orianna more. sorry again for my failure Cereal.

ZachTheApathetic

02-07-2013

*sigh* I sure hope they don't. I"ve played her since the week she came out, and remember when she was "too weak" and was actually somewhat dissappointed by the good buff they gave her because I was afraid she'd get rengar whiplash. Not that I didn't like the buff, but like you said, nerfhammer incoming?

Skimyy

02-07-2013

She is just so versatile. They way she has 2 sets of different abilities while in her normal form and spider form.
It takes such a long time to fully understand her entire set of skills and counters.

and people have arachnophobia. Most OP imo.

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-07-2013

I used to think she was balanced, just really strong.

Now I realize she's way too strong.

I think she could stand to get a couple of nerfs and still be viable.

Orcao

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza Tvyl View Post
I used to think she was balanced, just really strong.

Now I realize she's way too strong.

I think she could stand to get a couple of nerfs and still be viable.
How to counter Elise:

Gap Closers
CC
AoE
Shields
MR
Longer Range

She shouldn't be able to win if you engage her when you're both full. She will win if you let her poke you down without poking her back. If you're playing a bruiser just get some MR, a bit of Health, and a Hydra. Congrats, you just shut down Elise.

Shynaynay

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcao View Post
How to counter Elise:

Gap Closers
CC
AoE
Shields
MR
Longer Range

She shouldn't be able to win if you engage her when you're both full. She will win if you let her poke you down without poking her back. If you're playing a bruiser just get some MR, a bit of Health, and a Hydra. Congrats, you just shut down Elise.
You should play Elise more often. She's more than just harass. Depends on the match up, but unless you're building tank she can take you from 100-0 just as efficiently as any other AP carry. You don't just close the gap on her and straight up beat her 1v1, she's great at dueling. Get in her face, and she can stun you, and get off her combo. Maybe it's different in high rankings, but from my experience it's rare that I find someone who even puts up a fight against Elise, let alone actually win.
The problem might be that you're running into Elises who build tanky, and sacrifice their damage. I hear Warmogs is pretty popular on her, though I just go straight AP picking up Rylai, Haunting Guise, and Zhonya's for survivability. More often than not I don't finish Liandry's, I'm honestly starting to feel like that passive isn't worthwhile on her.

a1sock

02-07-2013

shes fine the way she is, people are too stubborn and do not change their fav champs or item builds to deal with the enemy enough. If she is not in control of the situation, she is boned.