Darius OP...really? Deja vu anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoe Dragon

02-07-2013

Around the forums since Darius's arrival have been threads about "Nerf Darius. Darius OP." I can proudly say I've been with this game since May of 2010 so I've seen a lot of the changes this game has gone through. This isn't the first time there is one champion complained about because people don't know how to handle. First off, Darius is your problem? Get some poke/range/gap closer and you'll be fine. But anyone remember the joke: "Something OP. Better nerf Irelia." It came from the fact that Irelia was OP at the start and people obsessively complained about her. So much that she got overly nerfed and you barely see her anymore. Not saying she needs a buff, just saying she is underplayed now. also, there have been several times Tryndamere has been stated to be OP. He's been fixed a few times after trying to save him from extinction. I guess the point I'm trying to get across is that there will always be champions out there that people will complain about but players one and all need to realize that there have always been these discussions and if they nerf Darius really anymore, he will not be played nearly as much. Even the mention to a nerf by Riot will kill his name. So, learn to counter champions and maybe adjust from your meta by the start of a game and instead of the Warwick who originally was going to go top, maybe let him go bot while your Teemo goes and screws up Darius top. Good luck to summoners one and all as you encounter all Clash of Fates.

TL;DR Darius OP? Better nerf Irelia.

VoidingNixx

02-07-2013

I think Darius is OP, and needs a nerf. Lets face it, it's the reason you see him banned in nearly almost all Ranked games.

If you want a real test, lets take a champ such as... mmm... Trundle. Another melee champ. Pair 'em up 1v1, and who is gonna come out ahead. Darius with a 10 kill streak. Why? Because his power and abilities are so insane, the only way to possibly match him is with another insanely OP champ.

You mention Irelia. Take Irelia vs Darius... who will win? Again, Darius. This is because the balance of power is off. Darius has too much, while other champs have too little. There is a reason you see some champs played EVERY single game, while others you NEVER see or very rarely see... how often do you really see a Karma or Heimerdinger in a game?

Yes, some champs work better against others, and it does depend on the players skill, but when a champ has so much power, a first time player can easily whomp a champ played by a vet, this is why they are called OP... because without trying, they just kill all.

WikkaWill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Hurr durr, pit Trundle against Darius. Dar-bear wins therefore OP.

Pit Trundle against Yorick, Trundle stomps the unliving **** out of Yorick. . . Not OP?

Sounds like someone doesn't know what counter picking, building, or playing is.

Or what pubstomp means. I'll define them all if you need me to.

Zombiemaster

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidingNixx View Post
I think Darius is OP, and needs a nerf. Lets face it, it's the reason you see him banned in nearly almost all Ranked games.
Maybe in low silver and bronze tiers, but I've never seen a Darius banned in any of my ranked games, and I'm currently in Silver 1 tier. The higher division/tier you're in, the less common Darius bans will get. Sure he's still banned in Platinum or Diamond tier, but no where near as often as Bronze. The same also applies to the amount of games he's played in.

Also, Darius being able to beat a few champions 1v1 in no way, shape, or form means he's OP.

Oz SammyD X

02-08-2013

Omg stop making new Darius threads, your just making this problem worse, seriously stop making threads and this whole "Darius is OP" **** will go away, good players know he isnt OP, the ones that say he is are the ones that dont know how to beat or counter him or just simply suck at the game, enough already this **** is getting old....

Crimson5pheonix

02-08-2013

See, I was enjoying not seeing Darius OP threads on the front page, now you're inviting them 9_9

Chukklez9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

How can you not think that ult is OP? Make it physical damage and nobody will ever complain again, but an unmitigated refreshing ult that does half a tanks hp is overpowered.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidingNixx View Post

If you want a real test, lets take a champ such as... mmm... Trundle. Another melee champ. Pair 'em up 1v1, and who is gonna come out ahead. Darius with a 10 kill streak. Why? Because his power and abilities are so insane, the only way to possibly match him is with another insanely OP champ.

You mention Irelia. Take Irelia vs Darius... who will win? Again, Darius. This is because the balance of power is off. Darius has too much, while other champs have too little. There is a reason you see some champs played EVERY single game, while others you NEVER see or very rarely see... how often do you really see a Karma or Heimerdinger in a game?

Yes, some champs work better against others, and it does depend on the players skill, but when a champ has so much power, a first time player can easily whomp a champ played by a vet, this is why they are called OP... because without trying, they just kill all.
Do you not realize that darius is a counter melee? LOL. Irelia wins everytime. Passively farm and she's fine. Incredible sustain will make her win everytime if she's smart.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Haven't seen Darius banned in a coons age.