Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ap/hybrid build on Tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unique Traveler

02-07-2013

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what a good hybrid build on tryndamere would be. I've thought about this when I realized tryndamere can have a chance at being somewhat AP based. The reason I ask is that Tryn's Q and E heal/deal health/damage off the amount of AP he has. It seems to me that his Q heals more than the amount of AP he has on him.(Ex. 147 AP would get him around 200 extra point for healing on his Q.) His E deals damage equal to his AP, but the skills description says that it deals only in physical damage, and I have not found a way to test if the damage becomes mixed by any chance.

MajorSwain

02-07-2013

The best tryndamere build is Crit-Tryndamere.

However it doesnt mean you cant build AP Trynadmere. AP Tryndamere plays differently than Crit-Tryndamere. He relies mainly on his E Spin to deal damage. And since it does physical damage, i suggest building lots of Armor Penetration. And his Q Heals for a Ton if built with AP. AP Tryndamere can deal a lot of damage, the problem is getting to that point, especially since AP doesnt help his auto attacks.

Boots:
Ionian Boots of Lucidity - cooldowns are important
Merc Treads - anti-CC
Ninja Tabi
Berserker Greaves

Hybrid Items:
Gunisoo's Rageblade - AD/AP/AS
Hextech gunblade - Very Important, gives all the stats Hybrid Tryn wants

AP Items:
Nashor's Tooth -CDR and AP
Rabadons -Definitely need no matter if pure AP or hybrid

AD Items
Blood Thirster - AD and Lifesteal
Last Whisperer - Penetration is Important
Black Cleaver -Penetration is Important

Try creating some of your own builds using this site. Not all of the numbers are correct, so be wary, but it is a good general champion builder.
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/tryndamere

Soviet Swain Approves Anti-Meta
-Rockjockey

Lycanblu

02-07-2013

The largest downfall to building a tryndamere as an AP over other typical AD as AP, is that tryndamere will still deal physical damage and will still use armor pen. Even if you build a ton of AP, if you don't have a last whisper for your penetration, your spinning slash won't do all that much good for you. And with CDR on crit, you really should have critical no matter whether you're AP or AD primary.

It's the same deal as with twitch, you can build AP for expunge damage, but it's still going to do physical. You can build AD on Kat, but it's still going to be magic damage.

MajorSwain

02-07-2013

I suggest building an early nashors tooth for CDR and get a rabadons after

Unique Traveler

02-07-2013

Quote:
MajorSwain:
The best tryndamere build is Crit-Tryndamere.

However it doesnt mean you cant build AP Trynadmere. AP Tryndamere plays differently than Crit-Tryndamere. He relies mainly on his E Spin to deal damage. And since it does physical damage, i suggest building lots of Armor Penetration. And his Q Heals for a Ton if built with AP. AP Tryndamere can deal a lot of damage, the problem is getting to that point, especially since AP doesnt help his auto attacks.

Boots:
Ionian Boots of Lucidity - cooldowns are important
Merc Treads - anti-CC
Ninja Tabi
Berserker Greaves

Hybrid Items:
Gunisoo's Rageblade - AD/AP/AS
Hextech gunblade - Very Important, gives all the stats Hybrid Tryn wants

AP Items:
Nashor's Tooth -CDR and AP
Rabadons -Definitely need no matter if pure AP or hybrid

AD Items
Blood Thirster - AD and Lifesteal
Last Whisperer - Penetration is Important
Black Cleaver -Penetration is Important

Try creating some of your own builds using this site. Not all of the numbers are correct, so be wary, but it is a good general champion builder.
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/tryndamere

Soviet Swain Approves Anti-Meta
-Rockjockey

Okay, That build seems to suit a hybrid AP Tryndamere well. I also tried that site you linked and thought of something like this. (http://leaguecraft.com/builder/tryndamere/?items=44,38,73,60,108,83&runes=36,36,45,65,65,64,64,64,3,63,63,63,17,17,17,68,68,68,9,14,14,14,42,42,57,57,42,77,54,66&level=18&masteries=04404303102230121000000000000000000000000000000000000000&fspells=true)
The reason behind Inf edge is to have the crit damage, chance, and attack overall. If you look at the Q now, you'll see that if you have a full rage bar, you get over 500 HP when you use it. However, the rageblade also adds another 32 AP, which will get you over 600 hp after you use it.

Thank you for replying with a great build too. Much appreciated.