Recieving 2 lp per win

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T Gundam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

o wait just played another game
bronze 1 80 points
there other team was obviously smurfs pushed evertower in 20 min lost 15 poitns
honestly this game ranking system is absolute garbage
SOLO QUEUE SHOULD BE BASED OF PERSONAL STATS! not wether you win or lose.

duo/ranked should be based of team stats

o wait yet another game
in pick.... double adc cause they want to be retarded children.. im really getting sick of this game ive spent alot of time and money and its causeing me alot of grief....

Lagenor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Recently i've been getting 20-25 for wins and 15-20 for losses.(So I think my MMR is higher than where I currently am?). Usually if i'm 1 for 1 i end up having a few points more than I lost. -- I'm not nearing my next tier though(Gold), i'm just Silver IV still. but getting towards 100 points does not have any noticeable diminishing.

Getting out of Bronze division was pretty bad though, only 5 or so for wins and up to 20 for losses. But that was right when they released the new system, and before the tweaks.

Though trying to get promoted in this tier has been quite humorous. Get into promo, lose 2, back down to 80, win 1 game, back into promo, lose 2 down to 80... That happened like 3 times in a row -- I'm winning 3 out of 5, but it's just those 2 losses are in my promo lol.

Lagenor

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Gundam View Post
o wait just played another game
bronze 1 80 points
there other team was obviously smurfs pushed evertower in 20 min lost 15 poitns
honestly this game ranking system is absolute garbage
SOLO QUEUE SHOULD BE BASED OF PERSONAL STATS! not wether you win or lose.

duo/ranked should be based of team stats

o wait yet another game
in pick.... double adc cause they want to be retarded children.. im really getting sick of this game ive spent alot of time and money and its causeing me alot of grief....

I carried myself out of bronze when I was only gaining 5 for wins and losing 20 for losses, and I own no other account . Took an 80% win-rate at the time.

Also you can not base it off of personal stats. How can the system determine which is better? a 0/5/20 Alistar(Not too bad ), or a 0/5/20 Veigar? 0/5/20 Veigar either has seriously bad luck, or he was a serious factor in his team's loss.(Very likely)

If you're truly better than your division, you WILL advance, it just takes some time. If you're having problems getting bad players on your team constantly, the enemy team has just as equal chances. It just depends on whether you let your enemy feed off of your team first, or if you will do it to theirs. I main Middle and ADC(A few weeks ago) I held a 70-80% win rate with both those roles and just carried my team to victory. I capitalize in the enemy's mistakes harder then the enemy could to my team.

I started this season as bronze 2, ~40 games later, i'm silver 4.

ClockworkBling

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJVR View Post
I have consistently been receiving 1-3 lp per win and losing about 17 per loss. Please fix this as it is infuriating.

Thanks
Exact same thing happens to me.

I won 11 in a row at Bronze 1. No series. Win, +2 LP. Loss -18 LP. I literally have to win ten times more than I lose to advance. And that's impossible with the frequency of AFK/leavers/trolls even if I perform perfectly.

kwehb

03-26-2013

I've won 5 straight ranked games and got 5 points. I was what i thought one win way from my promotion series to gold but now its been more then 5. I really wish that they fixed this. <3

Rhaby

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
We're currently working on a solution to ease up on LP loss calculations. As for the low LP per win gain, the system is designed to keep you from getting to a tier it feels you aren't ready for based on hidden MMR. This is due to the fact that you cannot be demoted out of tiers. Getting into a tier too early and just being handed loss after loss would be pretty demoralizing
Well losing 17 at once, while gaining 1 points per win is just demoralizing to even play the game. And if we're talking about promoting only when we're good enough, well I just won something like 10 ranked games out of 12, but then lose 2 and lost more points than I won in 6 games. Guess I'm still not good enough right, maybe I had to have 100% win rate for like 10 games near the end in order to ever get promoted?...

Ogmios

04-16-2013

80 LP in bronze 1: Win - gain 4
84 LP in bronze 1: Win - gain 3
87 LP in bronze 1: Win - gain 2
89 LP in bronze 1: Win - gain 1
90 LP in bronze 1: Win - gain 1
91 LP in bronze 1: Win - gain 1
92 LP in bronze 1: Win - gain 1

dont really wanna play anymore... cuz im gunna lose one and lose more then all of those games combined... Yep dont deserve to be promoted i guess..... -_-

RiotSpookyDooky

QA Analyst

04-16-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Tweaks to LP distribution should come out with the next patch. We were unable to push this recent patch because it was a game balance patch only

Arcticfury

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
We're currently working on a solution to ease up on LP loss calculations. As for the low LP per win gain, the system is designed to keep you from getting to a tier it feels you aren't ready for based on hidden MMR. This is due to the fact that you cannot be demoted out of tiers. Getting into a tier too early and just being handed loss after loss would be pretty demoralizing
So because some Red had a best friend that refused to play after making 1750 ELO way back in the day so he could brag about his ELO we now have a permanent net for each League. And because of that net we have to make damaging adjustments to make sure that you're way more than qualified and the majority of people qualified are having to get qualified multiple times.

It's like you took a stupid decision and then decided to add another to fix it. Two bad decisions don't make a better system, they make an awful one.

Ladayen

04-16-2013

Somewhat related.. are they going to fix the "league info processing" bug and have it actually show how many points you gain/lose at the end of a match.