Recieving 2 lp per win

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Millouis

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
Should rephrase my statment: You're correct in that you will be playing with players with similar MMR but its more than likely you'll be stuck towards that bottom of that Tier if you're not really ready since you would be beaten back down once you start matching with players with higher MMRs.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3092427

Please explain this to me then. If I didn't say it explicitly enough on that thread I'm only facing gold I people.

BlazingWalrus

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
We're currently working on a solution to ease up on LP loss calculations. As for the low LP per win gain, the system is designed to keep you from getting to a tier it feels you aren't ready for based on hidden MMR. This is due to the fact that you cannot be demoted out of tiers. Getting into a tier too early and just being handed loss after loss would be pretty demoralizing
You said you cannot be demoted? Well guess what? I have been demoted. Care to explain or help me understand how this happened when it's been stated you cannot be demoted?

Bag of Bricks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentvendetta View Post
this is not true. LP gains at the top of a d1 is based on ur current LP, not ur MMR. true story.
I thought that if your MMR was below the tier that you are close to getting promoted to it would slow down your gain until your MMR was about where it needed to be to obtain promotion. This would imply that even if you are gaining 1 league point per win, your MMR is still moving up at a normal rate. Eventually, if you are performing well enough your MMR will be high enough to warrant gaining points quick enough to move up into a new tier.

Am I correct in my understanding?

The Young Hyorin

02-10-2013

Riot is patethic.
With hidden MMR, you can have a SMURF account that's MMR that's lower than usual & saying that because you are SMURFING you can't go up the tier list because of hidden MMR? roflmao, okay.

Teofill

02-10-2013

ranked play is forever bugged. they have no idea what they are doing with this new ranked system. its a joke. ill take the old laddder back any day.

KillswitchAU

02-15-2013

Yeah i find it extremely unfair, me being on a 9 win streak and 95 points.
I will get 1 point for my next win and to reach promotion i will need 5 consecutive wins, if Ilose one i go down 20 points.
What the riot staff said was untrue and he got completely owned.
How is it a reward me gaining 1 point for a win, and losing 20 for a loss?!

pokelda2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

They have said that they know the losses are a little too much and are trying to find a balance. though Its probably better to be stuck in your league than to be tossed into a league you really cant handle and just get stomped every game.

Kontri

02-21-2013

Ya, this is ridiculous as hell. I started that season pretty low (Bronze IV, shame on me), then i got up pretty easily through it and Bronze III and II and now i am stuck in Bronze I. Last game i got 4 LP for won match. If i was able to get from bottom of IV to top of I (95 currently) why the hell can't i have chance to play promotion matches? I won ALL promotion series before, most of them in 2 matches and now i am stuck. And when i'll lose i'll probably go for like 15 LP down. This is ridiculous. And i'd rather play with better people in higher elo and learn something and improve instead of hoping that this time it's mine team who has less *******.

Linuxable

03-25-2013

When i was bronze V i win like 30 LP per game and loose like 16 LP per lost
Then i passed bronze IV i have win 3 game in row look what LP i get ( 7/6/5 ) = 18 LP
then i loose 1 game and i lost 18 LP Now i'm at 0 LP and i think i will never get out of that bronze IV it's just impossible ..... look my matches i know i'm better then all of these bronze players : http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/36735396#history
Do something this demoralize me.

T Gundam

03-25-2013

this is complete garbage...
bronze 1 96 points: winning game as amumu, way ahead with 3 dragons, IP decides they want to update servers: lose by the time i get back drop to 80 points.
bronze 1 97 points: bot lane gives first blood in 3 min. double kill by 5. 90 points
bronze 1 95 points all lanes feed im playing as jungle....

this is very frustrating cause im only gaining like 2-5 lp per game...im positive most game