Recieving 2 lp per win

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NGAF

02-07-2013

If you consistently win 6 games for every loss your MMR will go up and you will no longer gain only 3 LP per win.

PandemoniumVV

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGAF View Post
If you consistently win 6 games for every loss your MMR will go up and you will no longer gain only 3 LP per win.
this is not true. LP gains at the top of a d1 is based on ur current LP, not ur MMR. true story.

Dyskerin

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGAF View Post
That is exactly the problem. To use RiotSpookyDooky's word, it is very "demoralizing" to have to win 86% (6/7) of your games to be able to advance in the League system.

DN Caibre

02-07-2013

In Silver I, I was receiving 21-30 points per win until 90 LP, 2 games won for 2 points each to 94, and one point each for wins up to 99.

Luckily I havn't lost any games, and am on a 7-8 game winstreak, but i know that if I do lose a game all of those 1 point wins will go out the window.

The thing I don't understand is when i inspect the profiles of players i'm playing against they are all either silver I or gold V. Why does the system think i'm not ready to advance if i'm winning 80% of my games against players my skill or higher?

Edit - It seems harsh to have to win 7 games straight to trigger a promo series, then win 3 out of 5 to promote. That's 10 wins out of 13 total games, or 77% winrate. Bear in mind that's only if those first 7 games come in a streak, to break that streak would mean you're winrate would have to be collectively higher over a larger sample of games.

Space Racist

02-07-2013

Why didn't the new system get properly tested then reset for the start of Season 3? I am so confused as to why the new ranking system was never properly tested - now there are several crucial bugs which will have an impact for anyone embarking on ranked at the start of the season. Pre-Season was meant to be a chance to test this new system :-/

JKtheTRUTH

02-08-2013

I'm just another player trying to move up leagues in LoL to become the best there ever was, but I'm getting 2 LP per game? It appears by previous posts that I will in fact lose HELLA LP if I lose one of these upcoming matches. But I'm lucky to not have lost in the past 5 ranked games(There are still tons of derps at this mmr). If I do lose 20+ points not only will I need to advance back to the top of my bracket, but also win a promo series of 3 of 5? With that logic the past 4-5 of my games would have meant absolutely nothing if I lose the next one I play. A little too harsh no?

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24890094

Don't get me wrong -- I am all for increasing the difficulty of advancing through leagues. I'm fine with advancing by 2 LP per win at this bracket in this division. But why must I be beaten to a bloody pulp if I lose one game? How will I ever advance in leagues? What happens if the derps prevail at the worst possible time?

JKtheTRUTH speaking truth --

HELP RIOT

Vyxoh

02-09-2013

Fix this stuff asap riot, this isn't going to work out like players want it to. Especialy some of us low elo players...

LostTrooper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Fix this seriously. It makes no sense what so ever. Apparently there is a reason why we are winning our games. Do you honestly think this will motivate people to continue playing ranked? Its demoralizing for the fact you have to spend hours to reach a point where others take a few minutes.

If i proved myself in the games following up to the promotion series, I should be given the option to do so instead of being set back because apparently we are TERRIBLE

Tsugaga

02-09-2013

Yeah it should be based ONLY on the league points. It makes no sense to create the league system and still base everything on the ****ty elo system. So far it seems the league system is just a cover to make ppl think they don't have bad elo. The elo was used to put players into their current divisions so the "here is 1 point per win because your elo isn't good enough yet" is just bull****. Like why the hell do you place players into a division if their elo isn't high enough? Its depressing how stupid the system was designed.

P Chro

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotSpookyDooky View Post
Should rephrase my statment: You're correct in that you will be playing with players with similar MMR but its more than likely you'll be stuck towards that bottom of that Tier if you're not really ready since you would be beaten back down once you start matching with players with higher MMRs.
So, I get what you are saying, however it is even more frustrating to be stuck a the top and feel like it's an unachievable goal.

I am currently in Bronze 1. I played 6 games tonight and started at 61 LP. After 4 wins I was at 95 LP. Then I lost 2 games and I ended my night at 61 LP. It is amazingly frustrating to require a win rate higher than 66.7% to make any progress towards the CHANCE to play a 3/5 set to get into the Silver divisions. Keep in mind I only need to win 60% of my promotion games to move up which is already less than my win rate tonight.

I am in a position where I need to win at least 5 straight games to be given the chance to try my promotion set, which I then need to win 3 out of 5. This means I need at least an 80% win rate to "progress." That is insane and infuriating. It's hard enough to get through 80% of my games without having someone on my team disconnect after 10 minutes let alone win every game that I have a full team for.