Replacing BT with BotRK on ADCs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-07-2013

botrk scales with enemy hp

if enemy current hp < 3000 ...then BT > botrk
if enemy current hp > 3000 ...then BT < botrk

Consider your sticking power and the active on the blade as well.
I think this item is better for fighters and tanks who actually have a reason to sometimes focus tanky champs and heal with minimal offensive items.
Remember that you can't crit the bonus damage btw

Akira Kid41

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Only worth maybe considering on carries who don't majorly use damaging abilities at the start of a fight to damage enemies which would thus devalue the current health damage of the item.

So, probably not Varus.
Wait for real? Varus maxes his potential by using his abilities throughout the fight. Detonating those stacks of blight. His Q shot is just a poke, you should never engage while its on c/d.

BotRK is only good on adc's that utilize attack speed over raw AD, and even then save it as an end game item only. Don't need noobs in ranked rushing BotRK on our adc's.

Kythadrin

02-08-2013

BloodThirster all the way. You're looking at almost a 60dps split between having dorans/bloodthirster and dorans/BotRK not to mentioned the better sustain with the scaled damage/life steal of the BT.

Vuther

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira Kid41 View Post
Wait for real? Varus maxes his potential by using his abilities throughout the fight. Detonating those stacks of blight. His Q shot is just a poke, you should never engage while its on c/d.
He prefers to do this.

With people trying to kill your arse, it is far more likely he'll have to use his CC abilities earlier. Additionally, using a poke before the fight is also what I mean. It still reduces the value of BotRK's % passive.

Martyrofsand

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogreth View Post
Noooooooo!!!

*Looks over and see's everyone lock in Vayne"

Vayne and Kog'maw are so good right now with their max health damage its silly.

MelloRed

02-08-2013

Not on ADC no.

Why?
1) Many have abilities that scale off AD. (cait has a 200% AD ult).
2) Carries crit-muliply. It's not a 60 damage difference. It's a 60 * 2.5 * .5 = 75 damage difference, and get's even bigger with a fourth item.

Now, hurricane + botrk is still a very nice combo. But your want to use it on an on-hit carry, like thresh, teemo, or kog maw.

Martyrofsand

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrojefe View Post
As an adcarry you have no magic pen, so you will be doing a lot less damage than what the blade says.

So unless the %hp from the blade is true damage or phisical, i dont see it being used by anything except a kayle, trolling teemo or something like that.

BoTRK does physical damage and only a % of the targets current health, you are thinking of Madreds Bloodrazor from season 2 that did magic damage.

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-08-2013

I believe that the inc buffs to BoRK will make it viable.

4%--->5%
40--->45 AD

Negrojefe

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
BoTRK does physical damage and only a % of the targets current health, you are thinking of Madreds Bloodrazor from season 2 that did magic damage.

Yes i realized that late, i was thinking madreds, true.

the problem with blade is that it takes into consideration CURRENT health. That means it will be better than BT only the first few hits, which are really not that important.

So unless it takes MAX health, it wont be better for anyone.

x TrueDamage x

02-08-2013

bump