Replacing BT with BotRK on ADCs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansaa

02-07-2013

What do you think? With this whole league of warmogs, I consider bruisers a bigger threat: They deal tons of damage and are way more durable than an ADC.

So, would BotRK be better? It still offers lifesteal, AD, and an active with a slow+life leech.

I was thinking it would synergize well with Varus, who also deals magic damage with Ult/Blighted Arrows. He could deal equal parts Magic and Physical damage, with the magic being %HP!

Also if you know, does Runaan's apply BotRK's passive? That would be awesome.

TL;DR: -Bloodthirster or Blade of the Ruined King?
-Would this work best on Varus?
-Does Runaan's extra attacks apply BotRK's %HP damage?

Crimson5pheonix

02-07-2013

As to the Runaan's, I think? But I don't know. As to the general question, not unless either the majority of the enemy team is wearing Warmog's or if their fighter is soloing your team. Neither happens much and most ADC's get more use out of the straight AD that BT provides. Remember, abilities don't care about BotRK.

EDIT: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...39;s_Hurricane

Yes, yes it does work with Runaan's.

Vuther

02-07-2013

Only worth maybe considering on carries who don't majorly use damaging abilities at the start of a fight to damage enemies which would thus devalue the current health damage of the item.

So, probably not Varus.

Ansaa

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5pheonix View Post
As to the Runaan's, I think? But I don't know. As to the general question, not unless either the majority of the enemy team is wearing Warmog's or if their fighter is soloing your team. Neither happens much and most ADC's get more use out of the straight AD that BT provides. Remember, abilities don't care about BotRK.

EDIT: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...39;s_Hurricane

Yes, yes it does work with Runaan's.
Thank you for the answer to Runaan's!

Blade of the Ruined King
•Attack damage increased to 45 from 40.
•Percentage of current health damage increased to 5% from 4%.

Its getting buffed too, and If I can deal 15% of a teams health in magic damage each attack, while also applying stacks (For another 15%) using an ability would deal 30%+Attacks of damage on them... then I just do another 3 stacks for 45%... seems good I think!

Rhengorne

02-07-2013

Blade of the Ruined King
-Attack damage increased to 45

-Health damage changed to true damage. Reduced to 3%

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

I don't even build a BT anymore, I always go for King, at least 2 champs on the other team will build a Warmogs, and even the mages are sitting at about 2500-3000 health, I see lot's of them building RoA, Rylai's and that Mask, or at least 2 out of the 3.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhengorne View Post
Blade of the Ruined King
-Attack damage increased to 45

-Health damage changed to true damage. Reduced to 3%
Noooooooo!!!

*Looks over and see's everyone lock in Vayne"

Rhengorne

02-07-2013

the problem with having it be not true damage is that it it is countered easily and doesnt do its job against high health targets.

Sogreth

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhengorne View Post
the problem with having it be not true damage is that it it is countered easily and doesnt do its job against high health targets.
All it needs to do is be Max Health, rather than current. But then it would be lowered to 3% or something.

But I think even know it still does the job, grab a LW and King will tear through that health.

The only problem, is that the lower health the enemy goes, the less damage King is doing, since it's "current" health.

MajorSwain

02-07-2013

Try building Runaan's Hurricane plus BoRK. 3 targets all losing 5% of their Health which you gain.

If you need a big health item, I suggest adding Frozen Mallet to your combo = 3 targets permaslowed. This triple combo works best on Proving Grounds.