Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Quinn hints, and release date

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

siax7

02-07-2013

Just an hour ago, ironstylus released a thread giving us the hint of our newest champion, Quinn. In the last lines of the second attachment, the line reads "Val and I leave tonight". When she says that she is "leaving tonight" i can deduce that she is going on the PBE sometimes soon. He mentions in the paragraph above the 2 pictures that she can go "where her enemys cannot reach, where swords cannot clash", so maby she has some sort of evade move, or something. I think that "val" is a pet of some sort, perhaps a eagle? some more information would be appropriated.

and here is the link to the ironstylus post:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3097136

EDIT: as of 22 minutes ago, more hints have been added

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3097136&page=90

EDIT: Pages 5 and 6 are up

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/02/demacia-needs-heros-new-champion.html#more
Near the bottom

Kody119

02-07-2013

If i had to guess i'd throw my bet on her ult merging her with her falcon (assuming it's a falcon or hawk, as i read somewhere), or doing something of the sort. a flying type of move if not.

basically, flying evade if i had to guess, but she sounds awesome so far.

Phreak IRL

02-07-2013

Ranged assassin with a bird, maybe.

Untargetability on a ranged hero though... that would be hard to balance.

siax7

02-07-2013

Quote:
FruitNinjazz:
Ranged assassin with a bird, maybe.

Untargetability on a ranged hero though... that would be hard to balance.

That would defiantly be a hard one to balance, perhaps its an invulnerability ult, like kayles?

Theres more than likely going to be a hidden passive with talon, because she is going to be executing him

siax7

02-07-2013

ooh! maby one of her abilitys could work like a talon ult. she could 'blend in to the environment, then strike doing bonus damage' or something like that

Kody119

02-07-2013

Quote:
siax7:

Theres more than likely going to be a hidden passive with talon, because she is going to be executing him

nope, she puts it on the paper herself that it isn't him....

siax7

02-07-2013

Quote:
Kody119:
nope, she puts it on the paper herself that it isn't him....

Yea, i know that, but i meant that she is the one supposed to be executing him

Kody119

02-07-2013

Quote:
siax7:
Yea, i know that, but i meant that she is the one supposed to be executing him

again, no. not as far as i can tell from what is released. she seems more like a vigilante then a hired assassin. that appears to be a wanted poster you would put up, or one dispatched to regular guards, not a explicit execution order.

edit: something just occured to me- flying above the conflict. vigilante who isn't attached to any state and can go whatever and chase anyone who's wanted for her own form of justice.

lm Krueger ml

02-07-2013

There's a lot of hints being given if you flick through the red posts.

As people mentioned in that other thread there's a few things that seem to jump out:

- Obviously the champion is named Quinn.
- She seems to have a Pet/Mount named Val, probably short for Valor based on one of the lines in the OP and it seems to be a feathered animal judging from the pic.
- She's obviously an ADC and seems to use arrows in some form (again pic).
- From all the 'rise above' and 'out of reach' comments she can clearly fly in some way possibly becoming out of range of melee as a skill.
- It seems highly likely she's mounted in some way which grants her the flight.
- There's one post that states she will probably fit with the demacian theme of being very in your face and aggressive as opposed to hiding in the backlines.
- At one point there's a line, 'In lockstep with allies, or locked in conflict with foes' which seems to me at least to point toward some kind of ability or mechanic.
- There's a lot of references to merging the old with the new, could be a reference to a number of things, 'The new will challenge and rarely abide by constraints. It tests the fabric of values, of tactics and of hearts. It can prove potent, but it can threaten those who hold close the ways of the past.'

So I'm picturing some kind of flying creature. It sounds like her mount might possibly be something that the rest of Demacia doesn't like because they're stuck in the past (in her opinion at least). She's portrayed as a bit of a vigilante and acting on her own, but still honourable. She clearly has some connection to Talon. I'm picturing her with abilities that allow her to swoop down on and pin down an enemy or fly up out of range of melee attackers. Possibly with some kind of 'tactics' based ability for group buffs?

Either way we'll find out pretty soon. Can't wait

StonerSundays

02-07-2013

Quote:
Krueger 404:
There's a lot of hints being given if you flick through the red posts.

As people mentioned in that other thread there's a few things that seem to jump out:

- Obviously the champion is named Quinn.
- She seems to have a Pet/Mount named Val, probably short for Valor based on one of the lines in the OP and it seems to be a feathered animal judging from the pic.
- She's obviously an ADC and seems to use arrows in some form (again pic).
- From all the 'rise above' and 'out of reach' comments she can clearly fly in some way possibly becoming out of range of melee as a skill.
- It seems highly likely she's mounted in some way which grants her the flight.
- There's one post that states she will probably fit with the demacian theme of being very in your face and aggressive as opposed to hiding in the backlines.
- At one point there's a line, 'In lockstep with allies, or locked in conflict with foes' which seems to me at least to point toward some kind of ability or mechanic.
- There's a lot of references to merging the old with the new, could be a reference to a number of things, 'The new will challenge and rarely abide by constraints. It tests the fabric of values, of tactics and of hearts. It can prove potent, but it can threaten those who hold close the ways of the past.'

So I'm picturing some kind of flying creature. It sounds like her mount might possibly be something that the rest of Demacia doesn't like because they're stuck in the past (in her opinion at least). She's portrayed as a bit of a vigilante and acting on her own, but still honourable. She clearly has some connection to Talon. I'm picturing her with abilities that allow her to swoop down on and pin down an enemy or fly up out of range of melee attackers. Possibly with some kind of 'tactics' based ability for group buffs?

Either way we'll find out pretty soon. Can't wait

She's a Harpy. yay