How can you get better after you hit your hardcap?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lsatellizer

03-18-2013

I have played about 6000 games give or take.

I hit my skillcap around 300 and havent improved at all in all those games.

over all as a player i'd say i am above average, sertainly not diamond or plat. but im pretty good.

Thing is i lose a lot of my games nine times out of ten i usually have a decent score positive, assists low deaths, i always ward, call mias, have good farm, and help the team secure objectives ETC, I always communicate (not in a ragy way). but i always lose with teammates that are like 0/12/0.

As cliche as it sounds (ZOMG IM SO GOOD MY TEAM IS BAD) i beleive it to be true.,

I wish it was my fault 100% that way i could fix it but with a bad team you cant.

is there anyway i can get better to just carry?

Maximum Riven

03-18-2013

You're capped out.

All you can do now is just have fun playing. You can't get better.

Lsatellizer

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant Play Riven View Post
You're capped out.

All you can do now is just have fun playing. You can't get better.
:c b-b--bbut i can't have fun if my team is always 0/10/0 and blaming it on me regardless of whether or not it is really my fault

Maximum Riven

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsatellizer View Post
:c b-b--bbut i can't have fun if my team is always 0/10/0 and blaming it on me regardless of whether or not it is really my fault
If you're losing 50% of your games, it is your fault.

Sure sometimes it wont be, but by some voodoo it all works out in the long run.

You're doing something wrong. Hell, its probably some subconscious or reflex based bull**** that you couldn't improve if you tried. It's all part of gaming. Stop caring about winning and it'll get much more fun.

cheesy raccoon

03-18-2013

you can get better. you can install lol replay and watch your replays. you can practice cs'ing. you can try different things when playing a lane (playing super aggressive, passive, etc..). play different champs/roles

Resgrath

03-18-2013

I would like to know your preferred role and champions as LoLking shows me a large variety of champs you have played across 3 seasons. With a bit more information perhaps we may find a way to help you.

Solourus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_2yXScfTK4

Listen to what he says, watch his mouse movements. This is the kind of thing you need to start thinking about in a game.

Lsatellizer

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resgrath View Post
I would like to know your preferred role and champions as LoLking shows me a large variety of champs you have played across 3 seasons. With a bit more information perhaps we may find a way to help you.
Simple answer?

all.

I own and play all champions and when i say play i mean I can actually perform and get good results, i know all the champions abilities by heart XD.

I play all roles equally aswell. in ranked i am predominately support, seeing as i am last pick I dont mind it.

Get Bladed

03-18-2013

Don't accept the idea that you can't improve, and you will improve. If you criticize every move you make, you'll adapt and improve on poor choices you make.

Andrastos

03-18-2013

Well, you keep doing the same things, you're going to get the same results. If you want to get better at the game you have to try and actively improve both your mechanical skill and your knowledge of the game. Some suggestions are:

- better learning the specific mechanics of the champs you play (Optimal skill-leveling, counter-picks, combos you can do to maximize your damage or utility, escaping, etc.)
- learning how to position in team fights
- learning how to better harass/zone in lane
- improving your last-hitting (you can always improve and every bit counts)
- learning when to group and push/take objectives
- optimal ward placement
- smartcasting most spells, if you don't already use it that is

You can learn a great deal of this by reading guides and watching pro streamers (or pro games like the LCS). Also, playing more ranked games will help. I know ranked can be stressful, but you quickly get used to it and the higher stakes really force you to try and play your best.

As long as you actively try to improve by doing some of these things, you will get better. I started off as just an average player. I was bronze season 1, silver season 2, and so far in season 3 I've gotten to Gold III. I'm hoping to get to at least Platinum V by the end of the season. I'm sure you could improve much more quickly than I did if you put in greater, more consistent effort.

Good Luck!