@Ironstylus: Sailor Moon Diana [w/Art]

1234511 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rowanoake

02-07-2013

the lesser known Sailor Scorn of the Moon. By day, Diana fights the tyranny of the Solari on the Fields of Justice. By night, she does more or less the same thing, just in a short skirt and bouncy bow.
Edit:
also, here's some of the drawing steps in between for the art.

EDIT: there have been a lot of responses posted which have the same complaint/questions in them. here are my responses to the most common issues that have come up.
Responses to thread posts:

Post: wouldn't this be better on Lux? Isn't she kind of the pinnacle of magical girl, and already has a taunt that references Sailor Moon?

Response: Yes! It's true, this skin would be adorable and appropriate for Lux. I'd probably buy it if it came out for her, and I'll try my hand at drawing it sometime in the near future. BUT I posted this as a skin idea for Diana because it seems like a chance at have a fun/silly skin for a serious champion, and it's in keeping with her champion's theme.

Post: This skin is too sexual/silly for Diana. She's a serious champ who deserves serious skins. Ironstylus would never allow this.

Response: I agree that Diana is a serious champion who deserves skins, but I don't think they should all be serious. I've posted in this thread that Diana is a bit of a gloom-and-doom champ, and I think skins are the appropriate outlet for some sillier stuff. i understand people don't want her first skin to be a silly skin, which, in my opinion, just means this should be one of several skins she receives (pls riot?) i wouldn't have sketched this if i didn't like Diana. i like her flavor, her look, and her play-feel. i also just don't think any of her skins are really going to reflect that negatively on the champion. i don't think of Riven as any less of a serious champion for her bunny skin, or Teemo any less for his cute skins.
I just think they're fun additions to a fun game.

Post: still too sexy. There are enough sexualizing skins already.

Response: There are a lot of opinions on the issue of this skin potentially sexualizing Diana. T o boil it down, some of the complaints i've seen voiced are
1. it's sexually demeaning, with the similar example given of the Battle Bunny Riven skin,
2. it's not combat-effective for a melee champion to wear that.
To address those issues from my personal perspective,
1. I don't think Sailor Moon is terribly sexually offensive. she's got a short skirt, and that seems to be about it. her boots barely/sometimes don't have heels, (Ironstylus' bane!), her chest is small and is not emphasized, and perhaps minimized by the bow.
2. i guess I don't take many of the champion's costumes to be terribly "combat ready" to begin with, so i don't think about that as a standard for a skin. from that perspective, I'm happy to accept that a champion can dash into combat and utilize the power of moonlight just as easily in a skirt as she can in armor-leggings.

I would like to point out that a Sailor Moon skin would show less skin (cleavage/naval/thighs) than her current Dark Valkyrie skin.

Response: I would really like for him to respond to my thread! Even if he disapproves, that's ok. I still like the idea. Ironstylus is a professional, and if he says “no”, then that's that, and I have no plans to rage against Riot until the roof caves in for the sake of this skin. Ultimately, this was fun for me to imagine and draw, and I think it would be fun to play. If Riot disagrees, then that eliminates the “play” option. I think I could live with that.

Sketch Examples:
Compared to some of the other 'problem' skins (Bunny Riven, Most of MF's skins, French Maid Nidalee, Zyra), a Sailor Moon skin is fairly modest. I have added to my post two rough sketches I did of Diana, on with an approximation (it's not exact and I know) of her original skin, and overlaid on it a sketch of the Sailor Moon costume. The amount of skin showing roughly amounts to elbows and knees, which are not particularly offensive to me, personally. Obviously I don't speak for everyone, but there it is.

TL; DR I just wanna post something---:
if you don't like the Sailor Moon Idea, or if you just have a better one, post it here! I want to see Diana with a new skin, and I don't really care if it's this one. but i'm curious what other people would like to see her wearing!

DogInRealLife

02-07-2013

roit pls

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Please don't

EDIT: Because I want a real Diana skin, not a I'm-an-anime-girl-lol-wut? Diana Skin D:

Rowanoake

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryiel View Post
Please don't
why not?

EDIT: no, really, why not?

Rowanoake

02-07-2013

Fighting evil by moonlight
Winning love by daylight
Never running from a real fight!
She is the one named Sailor Moon!
She will never turn her back on a friend
She is always there to defend
She is the one on whom we can depend

Halcione

02-07-2013

Riot pls

Swift Gambit

02-07-2013

Hell no

Worlds Smu Giest

02-07-2013

Sadly This may occur in one form or another, besides we need more to finish the battle bunny skin line.

WickedSystem

02-07-2013

I think the Sailor theme would be a better fit for Lux

Confusion567

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Fighting evil by moonlight,
Also fighting evil by daylight,
Never running from a real fight,
She is the one named Sailor Moon.

She doesn't really have any frie-ends,
She is always there to atta-ack,

She is the one on whom we can depend [to lunge into a fight screaming bloody murder against the Solari]
She is the one named Sailor...

Sailor Venus! [Ahri]
Sailor Mercury! [Nami]
Sailor Mars! [Annie]
Sailor Jupiter! [Kennen, Zyra? Volibear?]

With secret powers of the heretics,
She is the one named Sailor Moon.

Fighting evil by moonlight,
Also fighting evil by daylight,
With her Sailor Scouts to help fight,
She is the one named Sailor Moon,
She is the one named Sailor Moon