Question: LoLKing LKS = MMR?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vichar

02-07-2013

Hi Everyone,

I have a very straightforward question. What the heck is LolKing LKS? Are they simply reading the MMR score (hidden Elo) from Riot databases? Or is this some odd number that LolKing has invented?

Thanks!

Micalas

02-09-2013

When you hover over someone's lolking score on the site it says:

Quote:
A performance indicator created by LoLKing using various data about a particular summoner
It's a system created by them. I don't think there's any 3rd party program that can pull your MMR right now. Not since the lolmatches program lost the ability to pull elo through a code injection into the client.

Eddy01741

02-09-2013

It's just an estimation of your elo.

Bheghara

02-09-2013

I work with LoLKing- here is an excerpt explaining the LKS from the website (http://www.lolking.net/news/lolkings-season-3)

With Riot's new system, we really wanted to make sure users got a grasp on what their division and league really meant. Since elo no longer exists and cannot be found in the client, we decided to use Riot's awesome new system to create an accurate representation of your progression through the leagues called LolKing Score (LKS).
With LKS, we have a formula that takes your League Points, division, league, and other factors into account to create a numerical value that will lend guidance to your progress throughout the season. This ultimately allows us to still give you neat features like last season's elo charts that track your progression.
LKS will show up on our site in many places. Since right now it is a brand new feature, we will constantly be adapting the formula to make it as accurate as possible to reflect your standing in League of Legends.

tempname950

02-09-2013

Why does it take divisision and league into account? You could be Gold V, and have an MMR equivalent of a Bronze V player.

CTkiller

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
Why does it take divisision and league into account? You could be Gold V, and have an MMR equivalent of a Bronze V player.
It's highly someone would unintentionally be in Gold while having an MMR of Bronze, very unlikely

They would have to try to do that

Vichar

02-13-2013

It's a shame LoLKing can't show your actual MMR. That would quell some of the LP QQ that I've been seeing--matchmaker doesn't want you to rise to a new tier if your MMR isn't high enough.

Zzastard

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTkiller View Post
It's highly someone would unintentionally be in Gold while having an MMR of Bronze, very unlikely

They would have to try to do that
Wife and myself are Bronze I , Bronze III when we play ranked everyone else on the our team and other team is Silver III or IV so yeah there are lots of people in higher tier that have really bad MMRs and play with Bronze people all the time.

Detahmaio

02-13-2013

lolking score doesn't go up if you are in a promotion series games.