LoL Market, Bridging Content Creators and Consumers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIodia

02-07-2013

What if League of Legends had its own Marketplace, where anyone can create content (custom skins, particle effects, animation, maps, shadows?, etc.) and trade it with everyone else!

You could spend IP/RP to purchase awesome custom champion designs and all the crazy goodies you people come up with!

how does Riot benefit?
MORE LOL CRAZE! aka expand the openness and vibrancy of the League community, which is what makes LoL work in the first place...
(also Riot gets more RP purchases , and can relax a bit on pumping out so many 'official skins', let the community do it! we LOVE and we DO it anyways! as championed by the Summoner's showcase.)

Although LoL isn't exactly a 'platform' like Steam, it is definitely Doable,
maybe something on these lines:
~ LoL Skin maker software for the public, comes with all the animation/particle fx tools (or recommend available ones like 3ds max)
~ a new 'Fan Creation' tab in the store, where players can vote for the top 100 custom creations, each week/month and the top ones gets to be featured
~ and also each player gets to have their own store with their own creations up for sale / trade
~ Riot can charge a small fee per transaction or better yet... none!
~ and once purchased, the custom creations are instantly available in Champion Select

inspired by this article:
http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/07/gab...broad-economy/

~thanks for reading!

~please add your thoughts below!

1aw

02-07-2013

I'm down. There is a bunch of concept skins people have posted I would buy in a jiffy.

"In electronics, a jiffy is the time between alternating current power cycles, 1/60 or 1/50 of a second in most mains power supplies"

For those who don't know what a jiffy is.

AIodia

02-07-2013

lol in a jiffy! yeah i'd totally buy lots and lots more riven skins... that bunny suit is getting old >.>