Better Understanding Of Kha'zix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drekor

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
Hello!

So, I own over 70 champions and do well with nearly all of them in normals.

As far as ranked goes, I'm trying to practice up on 3 junglers. Right now I'm thinking of Skarner (already have a 70% win ratio), Blitz (when first pick and isn't banned), and... Kha'zix. I was originally considering Maokai, but I've found I really, really enjoy Kha'zix.

I've played a couple of games with him... Some good (went beyond legendary at one point; I snowballed HARD), some... Not. So I have two major questions for him.

1. When is it a good idea to Evolve his Q? Following the advice of multiple Platinum-Elo guides, I go W-E-R usually. W for jungle clears/sustain, and just general reliability. E because of the mobility-- if a fight breaks out, I need to get in, take out the enemy, and GTFO. Or jump to another. And R last so I can take more damage in the "2 second" teamfight. Ok, it takes more than 2 seconds to use all 3 actives. But the point is, 40% damage reduction, PLUS another use. All 3 seem really good... But then there's his Q. Which does great damage on it's own, yet, it's a risky pick.... I'd say to do it in a game where there is more isolated fights than teamfights, but... But those don't really exist much on the ranked level, from what I've seen. I'm kinda confuzzled.

2. Ganking bottom lane. Okay, I don't mean when I can use the smart trick of going through the bushes near the end of the map when pushed. I don't mean going through the river. I mean, assuming the enemy is -smart-, is -warding-.... Yet bot needs my help. Exactly when would I use my ultimate to get past a ward? Is it smart to, or should I just buy an oracles (400g, OUCH!)-- or pink ward (also expensive)? About right when should I use the first/second active of my ult, and be ready for the leap? Should I try to ult, and leap in stealth, past the ward? Or save it for the gank?

Thanks~
1) Almost never, W and E are both flat out better evolutions. So the real choice is between R and Q. R gives you an addition stealth which means an extra proc of your passive and gives you damage reduction which is absolutely huge. The Q's damage boost in comparison is actually rather minor and is far to much of a niche pick.

2) If bot lane needs help their support should already be way ahead of you with a pink ward to knock down their vision. If not then you have two options, you can use leaps to get over walls and avoid brushes or you can invest in mobility boots and have enough speed to get to them even with the wards.

At the very least bot should know where enemy wards are and hopefully you can find a weakness. As an example if you're blue side and the enemy has tri, lane and dragon, and wraith entrance all warded you can still gank! Walk through wraith ward towards mid but head into enemy jungle and go up and around blue and down to the bot tower tri area and leap into river bush... from there you can gank. Key point should be to avoid doing this when enemy blue is up as jungler and mid will be there or close enough to catch you.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
1) Almost never, W and E are both flat out better evolutions. So the real choice is between R and Q. R gives you an addition stealth which means an extra proc of your passive and gives you damage reduction which is absolutely huge. The Q's damage boost in comparison is actually rather minor and is far to much of a niche pick.

2) If bot lane needs help their support should already be way ahead of you with a pink ward to knock down their vision. If not then you have two options, you can use leaps to get over walls and avoid brushes or you can invest in mobility boots and have enough speed to get to them even with the wards.

At the very least bot should know where enemy wards are and hopefully you can find a weakness. As an example if you're blue side and the enemy has tri, lane and dragon, and wraith entrance all warded you can still gank! Walk through wraith ward towards mid but head into enemy jungle and go up and around blue and down to the bot tower tri area and leap into river bush... from there you can gank. Key point should be to avoid doing this when enemy blue is up as jungler and mid will be there or close enough to catch you.
Thanks; just what I needed!!!