Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vytalas

02-08-2014

I cant tell you guys what exactly is going on in the beta, but I can say this.

It's insanely fun. If you're looking forward to it, I can at least say you won't be disappointed.

Send Me Lewds

02-08-2014

That's odd because the three beta tests I've done have all been insanely bad. Like, I can't believe they're releasing the game like it is.

Durzaka

02-08-2014

If you want to know what is going on in the ESO beta, simply go to youtube and search Angry Joe Elder Scrolls Online. He was given permission to post his gameplay experience/footage, as well as give his full unedited opinion on the game right now.

And i have to say, having seen the raw content there, the game looks underwhelming at best, and if it keeps to the 15 dollars a month, it will die FAST.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2014

From the Angry Joe first impressions, we know that:

1) It does nothing new from other P2P MMOs
2) They have an entire race locked behind a micro-transaction

In its current state, it's about as fun as any Pay-to-Play MMO should be - At which point, if I'm a fresh new gamer, why should I pay-to-play it over WoW which has over 5x more content?

There is nothing setting it apart from the others except the Skyrim hype - And that isn't enough to sustain a player-base. They need to make some daring ideas into the game or it will flop like SWTOR.
The fact they are new to the MMO genre is very apparent.

PGC Sycogenesis

02-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vytalas View Post
I cant tell you guys what exactly is going on in the beta, but I can say this.

It's insanely fun. If you're looking forward to it, I can at least say you won't be disappointed.
what you perceive as fun is not what other ppl conceive as fun and yes you can tell because the NDA has been dropped

Lance Eliot

02-08-2014

It's a bad game when judged as a TES title. It's a bad game when judged as a MMO. And its business model is downright evil. Box price + sub + cash shop + entire race locked behind CE. It's clear that they've made the game only to make a quick buck off of retarded fanboys, and they deserve the SWTOR-esque flop that they are going to end up with.

PGC Sycogenesis

02-08-2014

i agree it's 2014 ppl want more options when paying for a mmo not the archaic generic 15$ a month with no other option

Taltally

02-09-2014

Alright let's get down to business
First of all, it's not like other p2p games on the market.
Let's just stop that thought right now, the combat is like non clunky skyrim and you can actually use bows. The only thing similar to other mmos, outside of well general questing is the skills system which pretty similar to guild wars 2. Which is b2p
Second, p2p games have cashs for years they just haven't been as necessary as f2p model cash shops are, beyond a few cosmetic items and name changes and server transfers that's about as much important as they put on it.So unless you really want to spend money all you have to do is buy the game and pay the 15 monthly. Which I might add is a standard for all p2p games.
Third imperials are only tied to the preorder imperial edition,whether or not they become unlockable(yes mmos have unlockable classes and races at times) who knows but they only add an additional race to have a different gameplay style with other wise there's no benefit won or lose with having them or not having them.

Ok that's the end of my rant hopefully that shed some light on this

PGC Sycogenesis

02-09-2014

If i read that wrong you are saying that eso is like gw2 in terms of it's b2p which is wrong it's p2p. my imo on combat is that IT IS clunky and slow which is my major turn off

Durp Purple

02-09-2014

I'm not paying $60 + $15/month for a mediocre MMO