Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

02-08-2013

My speculation revolves around the weapon...it appears she's gonna have a crossbow of some sort...because that bolt is way too small to be anything but what it appears...a bolt. Does anyone have any idea what other kind of weapon can shoot a bolt that size besides a crossbow?

As for the dagger...I wonder if it's possible she might be a "hybrid" champ with like a hand crossbow and dagger? Think maybe a little more on the ranged side of the spectrum, but kinda like GP?

As for Val...I'm betting there will be a blinding ability. Everyone knows that ranged DPS characters with bird pets have the ability to call their bird to peck at the eyes of their foes!

Usod

02-08-2013

Thank you to all the people involved in these things. It brings so much excitement and depth to the champions we know and love...

And btw the amount of detail going into these teasers makes it extremely easy to become immersed in the lore. (look at that fourth page with the half peeled apple, and the brothers blade)

<3 Riot

Wild Surge

02-08-2013

The images are very beautiful. Who made them?

Question Hound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajesticRaven View Post
Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it has to be done.

That sounds like an excuse for throwing it in just to throw it in.

I know the lore team is capable of incredible things from the JoJ.

I don't want things to turn to a predictable blah.

This is just my opinion as a fan of long shots and conspiracies.

Considering the way the champion is being unveiled and released I don't want it to end in the way a few people have already guessed.

"Welp we saw this coming" just makes the end result feel so...dry.
The more interesting element isn't the events leading up to the climax, it's the decision made by the protagonist or, in some cases, the lack of ability to make a decision. If Quinn killed her brother (btw, Caleb is her brother, not her friend) without any hesitation, and the story went like, "Well that was that, turns out it was Caleb the whole time, good job Quinn" then of course it wouldn't be interesting.

The story gets GOOD when the protagonist is unsure of the right way to act, and suffers because of it. If it does turn out that Caleb is the baddie, then either choice Quinn makes will leave her hurt in some way. If she kills him for the sake of Justice, then she has to live with being responsible for the murder of her only family. If she doesn't kill him, then she has to live with the knowledge that she failed her country and her deepest sense of duty and honour.

Either story is richly layered and satisfying, because by reexaming the story one is able to pick new layers of meaning and ambiguity out of it.

Sn0wman

02-08-2013

I don't care what this champion looks like. I don't care what her skills are. All I know, is that I'm buying this champion bundle the moment it is released. My mouth is watering with all this lore! GIVE ME MORE!

Eledhan

02-08-2013

Another thing...what's with the two swords?

in the 4th pic, there's a sword on the stone...kinda looks like Leona's? And, there's a sword with wings on the cloth/leather sheath of the dagger...kinda looks like it could be a reference to Kayle?

What you guys think?

Question Hound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Another thing...what's with the two swords?

in the 4th pic, there's a sword on the stone...kinda looks like Leona's? And, there's a sword with wings on the cloth/leather sheath of the dagger...kinda looks like it could be a reference to Kayle?

What you guys think?
The emblem embossed into the leather sheath is the same emblem as the blue wax seal from the first image, with King Jarvan's Royal Order. I'm guessing it's a Demacian symbol, though it might have more significance than that.

Zerglinator

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Hound View Post
THIS JUST IN!!! NEW PLOT TWIST!!!

The mysterious thief/criminal haunting Piltover's streets is known only by his calling card C. Quinn's brother's name was Caleb. Here's where it gets good.
  • Caleb isn't really dead. We got some ol' Star Wars nonsense going on here, where "dead" is code for "forsaken ideals and slipped into a life of transgression."
  • The reason that the assassin doesn't match Talon's profile is because the assassin is Caleb
  • The alarm was raised and a sloppy job was done because Caleb wanted Quinn to be put onto his trail. "Target headed towards Golden Crossing (too obvious)" is indicative that Quinn knows her brother is alive.
  • "Prince Jarvan needs to know." She has to tell him the true story of her brother.
  • Her knowledge of the paths and trails shows that the only other person who could know these trails would be her brother, with whom she explored often.
  • She now has to deal with a serious decision -- does she kill her brother, and "avenge" the Caleb of the past who believed in Justice and Honour? Or does she let him escape and surrender herself to shoulder the responsibility for his crimes?

TL;DR -- The assassin is Caleb, Quinn's still living brother, and she has to decide whether to bring him to justice or not. This conflict with Justice is what sets her apart from other Demacians.
That sounds relevant to my interests.

The Jenso

02-08-2013

I just thought about it, maybe Riot has revealed more than one champ already.... Like Rengar with Kha'zix maybe we have a fued building up before they are released.... o.O

DrShroob

02-08-2013

Welp, Question Hound too good. Time for Riot to pack up, go home and be a family man!