Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DXIX

02-14-2013

Quinn needs to be released already! Beyond excited to see what she can do.

StationaryObject

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharzek View Post
I am beginning to slowly understand why so many English majors dismiss fantasy writing as being impossible to move into the realm of literary works.

I'm not saying the fanfic here was bad for the purposes of a genre piece, but it isn't strong writing and I am finally starting to see that.

Why does college have to ruin everything I love.
I'm not an English major. Please do not use my piece of writing as an example of an English major's works. I have not studied writing at all.
I wrote it for fun and because I wanted to.

Finch Toast

02-14-2013

I guessed that she would be released on to the pbe starting next week. So far that seems true but she might get in tomorrow or Saturday.

Gharzek

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
I'm not an English major. Please do not use my piece of writing as an example of an English major's works. I have not studied writing at all.
I wrote it for fun and because I wanted to.
It wasn't so much a critique of your writing as it was the idea that "this should be canon" that bothered me. And I just happen to come across this on a day I spent a lot of time editing my novella and a few other short stories and was like "I FIGURED IT OUT!"

For fanfiction or leisure writing or whatever you would like to call it (that's not derogatory, I don't think it's a bad piece at all) it was a good read. It was more of a "lightbulb" moment for me because this is has been a battle I've been having with my professor that's workshopping my novella with me because he is not a fan of fantasy/sci-fi AT ALL and I've never really understood why.

Now that I've gotten some training out of my comfort zone and understand the difference between Tolstoy and Tolkien a little bit better, I am finally starting to see what he's saying.

Please know that I was only able to hold that opinion because I am currently in the process of removing those same tropes from my own writing.

Faptain Teemo

02-14-2013

They'll probably finish out the LCS this week and then put attention back on Quinn Saturday.

Faptain Teemo

02-14-2013

Then again, wasn't Thresh in PBE testing for like 2 weeks after his announcement? I remember he took a long time to release.

TheEnygma

02-14-2013

hey guys......guess what's downloading on my PBE?

StationaryObject

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharzek View Post
-snip-

Please know that I was only able to hold that opinion because I am currently in the process of removing those same tropes from my own writing.
I highly doubt that my little writing would actually be taken as it is and used as canon. I think he was more interest in the idea being written out.

Lumaral

02-14-2013

She is here!

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

Woo can finally adc as a Demacian not that I have any issue with Vayne its just I hate d3 demon hunters and by extension her.