Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xoripan

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
I really hope you guys have enjoyed this!

As Ironstylus said, Quinn's journal has been our first foray into this kind of character introduction and we'd really like to explore more. Part of the goal was to introduce Quinn's story through more than just the wall-of-text bio you'll see in the game client. We wanted to do something very personal for her, something that could be uniquely "hers," and we came up with the journal idea to serve that goal. We'll definitely be looking into similar stuff for upcoming champions as well--stay tuned.
I have to say I love it! It was a long time since we had a deeper lore development

Sh4rkF1st

02-09-2013

sounds nice

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Yeah, I'm beginning to think so too...seeing as ADC's are all dangerously weak against assassins, it'd give players a chance to be able to "foresee" or mitigate assassin's strengths by playing Quinn.

In addition, Riot has been working on counters for stealth a lot lately...like with the implementation of the anti-teemo item (can't remember the dumb name now) recently updated to reveal stealth units.
that item is only available on maps where no wards are available, like twisted treeline and proving grounds.

the reason is, that certain champions like shaco or teemo have abilities, that can be used as a replacement for wards to look into brushes and give map control. which is an extremely onesided advantage. if one team can place wards, because they have a teemo and the other cant, it becomes too overpowered. that team would automatically gain map control.

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
Great! Because I have been talking about this type of thing with Runnan for a while now here and there online.

So much effort was placed into things like Diana theme, Elise's connection with the Shadow Isles... It's a shame to see these efforts vanish with no trace with each update / revision. It would be nice if they could be referenced within the bio section of the PvP.net client for future players / players who really value the production quality / Lore / background if these wonderful characters.
Is this truth Runnan D: WHY U NO DO THIS ALREADY! D:

Varerulz

02-09-2013

give us moar parrot

Grim Reaper

02-09-2013

Come on Ironstylus! We need more.

Uroboros

02-09-2013

Quinn, eh. They finally decided to fill in the 26th letter.

Noboty

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You may want to keep this thread bookmarked =)
You guys may want to (finally) allow us to subscribe to threads.

MajesticRaven

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'd like to explore that possibility.
Sylph in the Lore Forums has a lovely post regarding any and all lore posts, including these recent quinn journal entries, and every JoJ.

antikatze

02-09-2013

this thread moves faaaast!