Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Finch Toast

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Beyond what's in-game, though, I've never perceived Quinn to be the type to "change herself" depending on her societal position. Outside her relationship with Valor, she's very cut-and-dry with people, to the point, all business. She was like this as a commoner and she'll remain that way as a soldier.
This is not a bad quality. When will Demacia see!?!

*pins up the info and stares at screen for more*

NotBuzzJack

02-08-2013

Quote:
Nope! They're definitely still around. This is just a deeper exploration of the "summary" version you'd see of the same story in a bio.

The text version serves its purpose, but it's always been difficult for us to make a bio truly engaging. With Quinn's journal, we're experimenting with ways to tell "bio stories" in a compelling (but bite-size) way.
Well, it would be nice if you could pick up the pace a bit on showing us the journal, cause the breaks between you guys telling us anything are just too big.

Cytus

02-08-2013

I enjoyed this, the journal makes her seem miles different from everyone else, because you just didn't read her bio, you experienced it. You saw her inner thoughts and how she and Valor captured Talon, you actually felt like you got to see more to her than just a lore. I'm very excited for Quinn, and you guys should definitely stick with these new interactive ways to introduce a champion, it really does make a difference.

KyrosTheMystic

02-08-2013

So. Runaan. When is she hitting the PBE? This new lore is awesome, but it's basically been 2 days of teasing. Especially for someone like me who thoroughly prefers attaching a face to said awesome lore. Lore - face = aggravatingly annoying.

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

02-08-2013
36 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
This is a nice way to explore a character more deeply. Nice thing you did there Rioters. Buuuuuuuuut...
Did you work on anything that would further present the world of Runeterra and not just a single character?
It feels like it's frozen in time currently.
Yes, there's serious work being done on deeper lore stuff. IP development is a rough beast (something I honestly didn't realize when I was outside the industry), but it marches further along every day and we've got some real badasses working on it.

Side note, though: Quinn's journal should offer at least a tidbit of little insight into Demacia if you're looking for it.

Carmilia

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrosTheMystic View Post
So. Runaan. When is she hitting the PBE? This new lore is awesome, but it's basically been 2 days of teasing. Especially for someone like me who thoroughly prefers attaching a face to said awesome lore. Lore - face = aggravatingly annoying.
Prolly early next week.

Quote:
Yes, there's serious work being done on deeper lore stuff. IP development is a rough beast (something I honestly didn't realize when I was outside the industry), but it marches further along every day and we've got some real badasses working on it.

Side note, though: Quinn's journal should offer at least a tidbit of little insight into Demacia if you're looking for it.
Also, Caleb being hinted as a future assassin champion, right? :3 *wink wink*

Angel Tazzie

02-08-2013

Quote:

All i have to say is DEMACIA!!

NotBuzzJack

02-08-2013

Quote:

Were not getting much insight out of 6 pages.

Cha0sniper

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBilbo View Post
First of all IS, it's great what you guys are doing here !

@Volty, perhaps even @IronStylus if you actually know how Quinn & Val will work;

I hope Val is not going to be just a 'visual extra' to her as a champion, I really hope Val will be controllable with ALT-Commands, functioning and working as an extra/addition to the champion.

I realize I find this extremely hard to explain, but long story short; I hope she doesn't have a few abilities where you only send Val to a location or an enemy for a few seconds, I really hope we'll get to control Val as an individual unit.

Could we have a quick 'yes' or 'no' here or a tease you could give us ?

PS: I take this pretty personal, I've been fighting for a 'real pet champion' - pretty much wondering for one ever since I started to play League, basically.

EDIT:

^

riot pls
Quote:
I really hope we'll get to control Val as an individual unit.
You won't. LoL's pet controls are nowhere near crisp enough for that kind of thing (at least, it's *current* pet controls aren't), and Riot has said in the past that they've tried and failed to make a fun pet champion (Yorick) because of this.

moltres27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Hound View Post
THIS JUST IN!!! NEW PLOT TWIST!!!

The mysterious thief/criminal haunting Piltover's streets is known only by his calling card C. Quinn's brother's name was Caleb. Here's where it gets good.
  • Caleb isn't really dead. We got some ol' Star Wars nonsense going on here, where "dead" is code for "forsaken ideals and slipped into a life of transgression."
  • The reason that the assassin doesn't match Talon's profile is because the assassin is Caleb
  • The alarm was raised and a sloppy job was done because Caleb wanted Quinn to be put onto his trail. "Target headed towards Golden Crossing (too obvious)" is indicative that Quinn knows her brother is alive.
  • "Prince Jarvan needs to know." She has to tell him the true story of her brother.
  • Her knowledge of the paths and trails shows that the only other person who could know these trails would be her brother, with whom she explored often.
  • She now has to deal with a serious decision -- does she kill her brother, and "avenge" the Caleb of the past who believed in Justice and Honour? Or does she let him escape and surrender herself to shoulder the responsibility for his crimes?

TL;DR -- The assassin is Caleb, Quinn's still living brother, and she has to decide whether to bring him to justice or not. This conflict with Justice is what sets her apart from other Demacians.
i knew caleb couldnt have died...didnt guess that he could happen...whats ur name on Deviantart?