Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deeseamon

02-08-2013

I'm really excited to see more about her. As someone who adores the lore in this game, this approach of introducing her makes me so happy!

For the team who worked on her, great job!

gsai

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
That's the goal =)
I've said this a million times, but I'll make the suggestion again. Animated videos introducing champions and their back-story is a much more fulfilling route to take. Lore the way it is now is quite limited, this is a PVP game, and telling a story is not the main focus. However, a short video having the character tell the player what they're all about would be very interesting. Imagine Elise's monologue only with stuff happening in the background.

Eledhan

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyouko View Post
I have this feeling val is a hawk.
I think Val is most likely a Falcon. Unless Riot is making up species of birds on it's own, the wings of Val's sketch seem to indicate it's a Falcon, not a Hawk.

Search "Falcon" and "Hawk" separately on Google pics, and you'll notice that Falcon wingtip feathers don't spread out like a Hawk's do. Val's wingtips don't spread either.

Val could always be another type of bird, but I am not really aware of any other type of large predatory bird besides eagle, but their heads are too big to match the sketch in the reveal pic.

Then, of course, there's always the chance Riot will just make the bird whatever they want, and not model it after a real life bird family.

TheEnygma

02-08-2013

how many journals left cause uh, think everyone would like to see/play her now :P

Xephen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
how many journals left cause uh, think everyone would like to see/play her now :P
Only more than any other champ right now.

Baneson

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post

As for Val...I'm betting there will be a blinding ability. Everyone knows that ranged DPS characters with bird pets have the ability to call their bird to peck at the eyes of their foes!
We might be all wrong here. Val might not be a bird! He might be a Miniature Giant Space Hamster!

"Go for eyes, Val! Go for the eyes!"

Bird of Hermees

02-08-2013

Who the heck is Val?

Wargasmic

02-08-2013

All of this lore is twisting me in a knot. I'm so excited for every bit of news I get.

FlySkyHigh777

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by QubaN View Post
Calling it now:

Quinn has a pet falcon named Valor (she calls it Val for short) and will either use a crossbow loaded with bolts or throwing darts as her auto-attack and then her abilities will use her pet Valor (true pet with 2 units).

The assassin she is hunting isn't Talon, instead it's an assassin from Zaun tied to the death of her brother who will be released next after Quinn (similar to Rengar/Darius and Khazix/Draven).

What do I win?
This sounds about right.

Deadmond

02-08-2013

So, let me get this straight: You are remaking Vayne and giving her a hawk and (probably) a more strong early game. Riot, why are you trying to replace my favorite champion?