Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Hound View Post
The emblem embossed into the leather sheath is the same emblem as the blue wax seal from the first image, with King Jarvan's Royal Order. I'm guessing it's a Demacian symbol, though it might have more significance than that.
that is the symbol of Demacia, basically what they put on their flag

Question Hound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrShroob View Post
Welp, Question Hound too good. Time for Riot to pack up, go home and be a family man!
Oh, you! <3

Eledhan

02-08-2013

Quote:
The emblem embossed into the leather sheath is the same emblem as the blue wax seal from the first image, with King Jarvan's Royal Order. I'm guessing it's a Demacian symbol, though it might have more significance than that.

Ah, good point.

I just can't wait to see whether or not she will be all ranged with Val for her abilities, or if she will also have some kind of use for the dagger, or if that is just a plot point. So stoked!

Sisuwolf

02-08-2013

My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George

MajesticRaven

02-08-2013

Quote:
The more interesting element isn't the events leading up to the climax, it's the decision made by the protagonist or, in some cases, the lack of ability to make a decision. If Quinn killed her brother (btw, Caleb is her brother, not her friend) without any hesitation, and the story went like, "Well that was that, turns out it was Caleb the whole time, good job Quinn" then of course it wouldn't be interesting.

The story gets GOOD when the protagonist is unsure of the right way to act, and suffers because of it. If it does turn out that Caleb is the baddie, then either choice Quinn makes will leave her hurt in some way. If she kills him for the sake of Justice, then she has to live with being responsible for the murder of her only family. If she doesn't kill him, then she has to live with the knowledge that she failed her country and her deepest sense of duty and honour.

Either story is richly layered and satisfying, because by reexaming the story one is able to pick new layers of meaning and ambiguity out of it.
The brother part ninjaed into a single word, curses.

More cliche as a brother than a friend now...*Quinn, I am your brother!*

I understand that underlying decisions for the character are very good for the story, but even so that leads down like...three paths?

A. It isn't her brother. Moral Dilema solved, different plot path may go.

B. It is her brother and she will kill him because he is a wrong do-er, there will be yada moments of her trying to convince him of the old days and he will give her some reasoning as to why things have changed, Why demacia is now weak, etc. etc.

or C. She lets him get away unable to kill her brother (Which might result in him trying to kill her, which we know won't happen because she's the setup for the new champion, unless of course Riot is setting up the assassin and Quinn is just a plot device for the grand reveal, which I wouldn't actually mind all that much)

Then there's my way to salvage the cliche with another cliche of

D. He's under the control of someone in Zaun via some virus or some chemical weapon they've worked on. You never know

I know that the character development is a huge part of the story, but when the plot itself is so predictable it becomes a little less interesting to me, because I know how things are going to end.

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

A journey helps if it has a lot of twists and turns and isn't a straight road.

Then again I might just be putting to much faith onto this reveal because of my thirst for lore, trying to quench as much of my thirst by sucking this dry

Zerglinator

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisuwolf View Post
My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
My Side of the Fountain

DJ THUNDERTHRUST

02-08-2013

Tell ME MORE PARROT

Xephen

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
My speculation revolves around the weapon...it appears she's gonna have a crossbow of some sort...because that bolt is way too small to be anything but what it appears...a bolt. Does anyone have any idea what other kind of weapon can shoot a bolt that size besides a crossbow?

As for the dagger...I wonder if it's possible she might be a "hybrid" champ with like a hand crossbow and dagger? Think maybe a little more on the ranged side of the spectrum, but kinda like GP?

As for Val...I'm betting there will be a blinding ability. Everyone knows that ranged DPS characters with bird pets have the ability to call their bird to peck at the eyes of their foes!
what if it is an arrow styled pen? Also I do not know what we are going to get. if it is a hybrid is it going to be range/range, range/magic, range/melee, range/bruswer, maybe melee/pet maybe you switch between val and her. it has made it sound like a full bird, but what if it is someone that transforms into a bird?

The Jenso

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xephen View Post
but what if it is someone that transforms into a bird?
We have a Swain already =P

Zerglinator

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensoFullbuster View Post
We have a Swain already =P
Demaciswain.