Hi, I want to know some things...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JakeHach

02-07-2013

I posted a while back some questions, but I have some more.

I started playing Saturday.

What is ACTUALLY determined as a kill steal?
Such as, I apply my poison to a target, and another teammate is still attacking the target, yet my poison kills it. They scream "ERMEHGERD NOOB KS"
I just say that they need to stop playing for a personal score and for the team, as kills go towards the team goal, not just one person.

I have 27-28 wins at level 10, and I have only ever played 2 matches against bots (both won), is this good?

I like Teemo, I guess I am pretty good at him (recent game went 6/1/3 and 9/3/3) any sources so I can learn some more?

That is all thanks.

GON the Mage Guy

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeHach View Post
What is ACTUALLY determined as a kill steal?
Such as, I apply my poison to a target, and another teammate is still attacking the target, yet my poison kills it. They scream "ERMEHGERD NOOB KS"
I just say that they need to stop playing for a personal score and for the team, as kills go towards the team goal, not just one person.
You have the correct mindset. Unless you're actively trying to take kills, KS=Kill Secured. As a caveat to that, though, spreading the gold from kills around is better than hogging the kills for yourself.
Quote:

I have 27-28 wins at level 10, and I have only ever played 2 matches against bots (both won), is this good?
You're still new. Take your time to level 30. Don't focus on wins, focus on learning. Play PVP more than bots. Use bots to learn a champ and how they work, then do PVP.
Quote:
I like Teemo, I guess I am pretty good at him (recent game went 6/1/3 and 9/3/3) any sources so I can learn some more?
A couple of notes on your recent games:

You build a lot of double Unique items. Don't. Void Staff doesn't stack, Frozen Mallet doesn't stack, Wriggle's Lantern doesn't stack. If you're looking for a lot of AP, go for Zhonya's Hourglass or a Deathcap. If you're looking for more health, get a Randuin's Omen, Warmog's, or a Sunfire Cape. If you're looking for lifesteal, get a Bloodthirster or a Hydra. You're wasting your gold otherwise.

Pick a direction for Teemo. Getting a Doran's Blade and building AP is counterintuitive. He can be built either AP or AD. If you're going AP with him, get some cooldown reduction (Athene's Unholy Grail, Morellonomicon) and high AP (Deathcap, Abyssal Scepter, Rylai's, Liandry's Torment) so you can lay mushrooms a lot.

Delingar

02-07-2013

Realistically speaking, a kill is a kill.

I think the biggest no no is deliberately taking someone's kill....meaning you see them there, about to finish a target off with an autoattack and you juke it with a skill.

Also, for the good of the team, spreading the gold reward for kills to teammates is a good point by GON the Mage Guy. However, that doesn't generally apply to support. I mostly play support, and unless we're totally dominating the opponent, or my party mates are running away rather than finishing off a target, I try to let the damage dealers and tanks get the gold. The faster they kill people, the quicker the game ends.

Weyen

02-07-2013

For guides and stuff, I generally hit up either lolwiki (here's Teemo's strategy page)
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Teemo/Strategy
or the "guides and strategy" subforum here for advice.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...splay.php?f=16

Mapz

02-07-2013

Honestly, if you need guides or a baseline on a champion, try solomid.net and use the newest one with a high rating. Don't worry about ks's. Just ignore them and let them complain. Just report them or ignore them. I never report people, just ignore it. Try to play different champions to get a feel of everything. See who does what first hand so you can play against that champion better next time.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Kill stealing isn't really a thing. There are certain champions in a team who benefit more from kills then others, so whenever possible kills should be given to them, but a kill is a kill.

If someone calls you out on it, they're not very experienced - politely apologize to smooth things over, and then carry on. You've done nothing wrong - especially the situation you described.

OriginalJack

02-07-2013

The only time it's really a KS if it's on purpose like you were purposely holding back dps for no reason other than swooping in for the last hit on a champion.

Otherwise KS = kill secured

Whales96

02-07-2013

There's no such thing, more gold is generated when an assist is involved. More gold on a team is better than less gold.