Legends of the League, The Katarina Story pt1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmperorBlarg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Just a little pre-note, I'm trying rather hard to keep to the cannon of the game, using the actual lore of characters as a skeleton/starting point for my stories. I will write a story for every champion, in no particular order. Feel free to post your thoughts on it and, if you so choose, which champion you would like to see next. With out further ramblings by me, here it is:

Legends of the League
The Katarina Story: Part One

The air was cold on this particular Noxian morning. Noxian war banners blowing in the subtle breeze. The light washed over the training ground walls, bathing the area is a beautiful shade of orange. Noxian military trainees had just begun to flood the parade grounds, waiting for the address of their drill instructor.

Katarina rose from her bed, slightly groggy from the previous days training. She reached for her blades that hung above her bed. Today is the day. The day I will finally get the chance to shed Demacian blood. She thought, staring at her reflection in one of her blades. She grabs her throwing knives and shoves them into their holsters, filling out her gear. A knock comes from the door.

"Katarina, are you ready?" said a deep voice from beyond the door.

"Father!" Katarina exclaims, as she runs to open the door. Upon opening the door, she sees her father standing there with an envelope in his hand.

"I have your first assignment child. Within this envelope, you will find all the information you need on your charge. But first, come with me to the map room. There is one final thing I wish to show you." He begins to walk away, waving the envelope in the air as to taunt Katarina with it.

"Yes father..." Katarina said with a sigh. She has grown tired of waiting, but follows her father to the map room.

The map room contained a large table, with a map of Runeterra nailed down to it. Sitting atop the map were many figurines, depicting Noxian deployments as well as prospected and known Demacian encampments. Around the table sat ten chairs, the chair at the head of the table had red velvet cushions and embroidered Noxian symbols. Her father sat in the chair at the head, gesturing her to take a seat in a near by chair.

"This is where we are sending you." He points to one of the figures, it is notably far from the main line of combat. "We believe this to be a strategic point of hold for the Demacians, a fall back point if you will. Your job is to go in, and kill this man. Easy in, easy out." He opens the envelope and puts its contents on the table.

"But his file says he is a low ranking officer, how is this going to help us at all?" Katarina said with a frown, this task hardly what she had envisioned in her head. "Why don't you send me here? This point is a known strong point of the Demacians, a loss of their commanding officer here would diminish their morale vastly more then the loss of a small camp far from the front lines." She points toward a figurine that has many other Demacian figurines around it.

"You will do as told Katarina, or you will not go out at all. If that is the case, report back to your instructor and resume training until another task arises that I deem you worthy of. I could just as easily recommend a different initiate for this task." Her father rose from his chair, staring down on her with a stern face
"Blood for Noxius!" Katarina says, while packing the envelope back up with the information of her target.

"As I thought, now go. You have many preparations to make before you set out. I expect you to be at that camp an hours time past nightfall, make the kill and come back. Do not get detected, as you will have no Noxians near by for aid." He waves her out of the room and sits back down. She is overly anxious. Both a gift and a vex on missions like this. He thinks to himself

Katarina returns to her chamber and sits at the desk. She removes the note from within the envelope and begins to study it. This man is hardly worth my expertise. But it must be done, it will take about seven hours of travel to reach this location. Where's my map? She reaches on her bookshelf and pulls down her map, unrolling it across her desk. If I travel using the river for direction, I could make it to this vantage point to better study my target before my attack. I better prepare, if I depart within the hour, I can be there when they get back from patrols, theoretically, that way I can better gauge their numbers.

Quickly packing up the desk into a small pack, Katarina prepared herself for the trip. As she was existing her room, she was met by her father yet again.
"Katarina, remember, easy in easy out. Stay on track and complete your mission. Under no circumstances should you stray from what we have assigned you. If all goes well, I will be waiting at the gates of the parade grounds for your return at first light tomorrow." he said, while fading into the shadows of the hallway.

Katarina went out to the stable, where her black steed awaited her. She saddled it up, checked its shoes and made sure there was nothing that was going to impede her journey. Its going to be seven hours of hard riding to make it there, hopefully Shadow will be up to it. Mounting the steed, she leads it through the gate. Once through the gate, she took one last look back at the walls. When I return, I will finally be an assassin.

Riding hard, she mad it to the river she saw on her map within forty-five minuets from departure. This must be the river, now if I follow it that way, the vantage point will be in sight...eventually that is. She chuckles to herself and heads down the river bank. The wilds of Runeterra are so beautiful. She thought to herself as she rode. But I can't let the scenery distract me, I am on a mission for the glory of Noxius, I must keep my wits about me. She rode down the bank of the winding river throughout the day, as it approached sun down Katarina spotted her vantage point.

I have to find a place to hide Shadow, then I can begin to climb to the top of that cliff to watch the camp below. Spotting a small cave at the base of the cliff, she walked Shadow into it and tied him to a rock.

"Now Shadow, stealth is our priority. I know you are a hardened war-steed, so you won't spook easily. Stay here, stay quiet and I'll return after the job is done." She says to her mount as she takes her weapons out of the saddle bags. She walks out of the cave and slowly makes her way to the side of the cliff.

This is going to be one difficult climb.
She thought while looking up the side. After a grueling thirty-five minuet climb, an exhausted Katarina reached the top. Spotting a bush near the edge overlooking the Demacian camp, Katarina slid herself underneath it to observe the camp.

The camp was rather small in size, consisting of six small tents, presumably troop tents, and one large tent. The camp itself had one entrance to it on the north side, the rest of the camp was guarded by natural rock walls, as if the Demacians planned for the camp to eventually come under siege. Focusing now on the larger of the tents, Katarina notices a Demacian general banner flying by its front door.

Wait, that doesn't make sense. This isn't in the intelligence I was given. This is supposed to be a small outpost of Demacians, what is a high level general doing here? This changes everything, if I kill this man instead of that low ranking nobody my father sent me here to kill, I would be rewarded handsomely!

Katarina repositions herself closer to the large tent, waiting for nightfall for her strike. She observes troop movements in the camp, all of them the typical Demacian movements she was taught about back in training. As nightfall was closing in, a man on a guilded horse with Demacian banners rode into the camp. A few of the men in the camp rushed to meet him, Katarina shifted to try and hear what they were saying.

"Welcome General to Camp Hidden Light. Your tent is ready and to your specifications. Guards are posted and the north and south sides of the tent, as per your request." The soldier said, while gesturing toward the large tent.

"Excellent. I will take my leave then. I wish not to be bothered." The General leads his horse towards the tent. "And I trust this is a safe location for me to get some much needed rest? Those Noxians are relentless." The General asked the soldier as he rode by.

"Yes sir it is. This location has flown under the Noxian detection, we are far from anything important. The Noxians would be foolish to suspect anything this far from the front lines." The soldier said while saluting.

Ah ha! That is my new target. Father will be so proud. I'll wait for the camp to go dark before I make my strike.
Katarina thought while scanning the camp. An hour after the Generals arrival, the camp went dark, save the two guards posted at the front gate and the four around the General's tent. Katarina silently lowered herself down the side of the cliff into the camp, using a vine she found. When she reached the ground, a twig snapped under her foot, causing a guard to look in her direction. With a quick flick of her wrist, two throwing knives flew out, striking both guards on the south side of the tent in the throats. She then made her way towards the now unguarded entrance to the General's tent, taking care to not make a sound. As she approached the tent flaps, she drew her blade from its sheath. Pulling back the flap slightly she peaked inside.

"The Noxian front grows weak on these three points, General. It would be wise to send a strike force against all three simultaneously. Have Garen lead the offensive against this point, Xin Zhao can spear head this one, and Jarvan can lead the strike here." Katarina over heard a man talking to the General.

"I will take this into consideration. As it stands now, you have the orders I want you to distribute to the men of this camp. Now, leave me, I require rest." The General gestured for the man to leave.

Katarina waited for the man to leave, and used this as her opening. Silently entering the tent from behind the General, and with a swift motion, slit his throat. Feeling satisfied with her kill, Katarina moved back through the flaps and re-ascended the vine she used to enter. She rushed back to her steed and headed back towards the Noxian base.

I can't wait to see everyone's face when I tell them I killed one of the Demacian Generals. I bet everyone will be rather impressed, my first Demacian assassination, and it was a General? Ha! That's unheard of. I'll be a legend amongst the trainees.
She smirked at the thought of the instructors heralding her to all the trainees. While she disappeared into the night, the Demacian strike force from the camp set out to their target...

End of part one.

EmperorBlarg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Oh god, it lost a lot of its formatting once it got posted.

Dregen

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorBlarg View Post
Oh god, it lost a lot of its formatting once it got posted.
Can't do tab indents, just separate paragraphs with double spaces.

EmperorBlarg

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregen View Post
Can't do tab indents, just separate paragraphs with double spaces.
took your advice, thank you.

Frost Archer

02-07-2013

:/ Choose a better title. And I hope you don't intend on keeping everything "canon". (such as journal of justice ****) Also, add you're own twist to it! Don't let yourself be restrained.