Garen Increased Use?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shybug1

02-07-2013

Soooooooo, seems like there are a TON more Garens out there nowadays. I am in bronze division so maybe it is just here? Is he used a lot in silver and gold? I must say unless he gets a hard counter like kennen or the hated Teamo he does extremely well. Stupid tanky, with tones of regen built in. Spin to win and an ult with very nice damage. He is a great lane bully and sustain unit. I honestly hate seeing him in a game. Any thoughts on this? Is he really so strong now that he is getting used more?

ROKAF JE

02-07-2013

His sustain is not that great, all you need to do to stop it is hit him once ever 10 seconds.

You can also buy Swiftness boots with alacrity and he will never catch you.

That being said, he's a strong top, but so are so many others.

I can't feel your bronze downvotes.

Runa44

02-07-2013

He's only used in bronze coming from a guy who mains him he's not that useful if people understand how to play against him. He's good at lower elos because most can't poke him that well

izuul

02-07-2013

hes really really noob friendly and cheap to get plus for what ever reason people never seem to want to pick a champ that counters him ie: every ranged top.

also i think there is no reason for garen to be manaless but i guess thats why i dont design champs for riot

adc

02-07-2013

You guys are crazy. It's because a skin was just released for him.

ROKAF JE

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
You guys are crazy. It's because a skin was just released for him.

And the skin is awesome

chousen

02-07-2013

Honestly I like it when the enemy team picks garen. If you're talking bruisers, people like Darius are far, far worse than garen.

Kakiryu

02-07-2013

I also agree with the manaless thing. Either make him use energy like lee or zed out make his cool downs longer. Maybe could reduce his ult ratio a tiny bit. Riven and shyvana are cool down champs that actually have to build damage to doincredible amounts of damage. garen should just get it. His ult too op.

Romantic Metro

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doi Toshikatsu View Post
I also agree with the manaless thing. Either make him use energy like lee or zed out make his cool downs longer. Maybe could reduce his ult ratio a tiny bit. Riven and shyvana are cool down champs that actually have to build damage to doincredible amounts of damage. garen should just get it. His ult too op.
I don't think his ult is too OP considering the cd on it. It's like Darius' ult but a longer cd and no refresh after a kill. His ult is about finishing people off. Besides if you're trying to go toe to toe with garren without much sustain or bulkiness or an extreme amount of damage than yea you'll probably lose if he's good. He's like the flip side of darius more tank than damage but still can hurt. Just gotta harass early game then in team fights try not to focus him unless he needs to be cc'd.