AA damage: IE > Penetration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DSXNinjitsu

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtauffenz View Post
The build I posted is what my sheet says would be maximum aa damage. I wouldn't literally build that in a match.
I think your analysis went over everyone's head.

SeCKS Egai

02-07-2013

When you consider that crit chance is double (or 2.5x damage with IE) then overall crit chance has a higher output than going for pen.

However, there's quite a difference in cost between a last whisper and a second IE, and if a number of enemies run thorn, you're going to hurt yourself a bit each time you hit, especially on those crits.

The difference with having a LW is that both crits and non crits hit harder, where as going only for crit chance is less reliable since hitting 100% isn't very practical. Considering you get 55% chance just from the standard IE/PD setup, going pure glass and hitting 100% leaves you way too vulnerable to getting burst down. Sure, 100% crit chance has the superior output, but if you can't survive there's no benefit.

Schtauffenz

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnChoGath View Post
2nd IE? I feel if they have 150 armor + you should be getting last whisper instead.
From my findings, if you can afford IE its better at any Armor level.

Saccharina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Are you taking into account the fact that LW is much cheaper than IE?

Camen Sieder

02-07-2013

Quote:
with 2 pd and 2 ie you are wasting 10 crit from items. You still do more damage than adding an Armor pen item
so crit cap isn't 60 anymore? I thought they nerfed the isht out of crit when they changed the rng and again when they removed green pots

Menea6587

02-07-2013

Quote:
From my findings, if you can afford IE its better at any Armor level.
The first one, yes.
The second does nothing except give you 25% crit and 70 AD. PD gives more crit and multiplies your AD via AS. I think you have a calculation error.

Schtauffenz

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKillMeFirstxX View Post
so crit cap isn't 60 anymore? I thought they nerfed the isht out of crit when they changed the rng and again when they removed green pots
well I know trynd can have higher than 60 but that may be just cause his passive. If this is the case then a pen item would be better. I'll research

UnicornsRLethal

02-07-2013

Do you know that Dravens Q can't crit?

Camen Sieder

02-07-2013

Quote:
well I know trynd can have higher than 60 but that may be just cause his passive. If this is the case then a pen item would be better. I'll research
I could be wrong, but I remember something about AS and crit getting nerfed in one of the patch notes a while ago. That was before a long overdue break from this game though, so idk. I could've sworn it got nerfed around the time green pots did too

Schtauffenz

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
The first one, yes.
The second does nothing except give you 25% crit and 70 AD. PD gives more crit and multiplies your AD via AS. I think you have a calculation error.
I'm trying to find a way to get my excel sheet from my work computer to my phone so I can upload it. So far I have not located a cord :(