AA damage: IE > Penetration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schtauffenz

02-07-2013

I've made and been messing with an excel sheet. Using Draven stats at level 18 with 17/13/0 masteries and pen marks and quints. From my numbers, talking pure aa damage (my model isn't intricate enough for abilities yet), Adding IE (or a second IE even) always does more damage than adding LW or BC.

I'm taking care to watch for uniqueness of the critical damage modifier and everything... Yet it seems no matter what that if you can afford IE you should always purchase it over penetration.(until you hit 100 critical chance)

So for top damage of aa I've got:

Berserk boots, bt, pd, ie, ie, pd (2nd pd turns out to be marginally more dps than a 3rd ie)

Technically ie should be before everything, but I like bt and pd first. I've gotten the same results from 40 Armor up to 250.

Thoughts?

CapnChoGath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

2nd IE? I feel if they have 150 armor + you should be getting last whisper instead.

Inhibited

02-07-2013

Um. Two IEs.

Menea6587

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtauffenz View Post
I've made and been messing with an excel sheet. Using Draven stats at level 18 with 17/13/0 masteries and pen marks and quints. From my numbers, talking pure aa damage (my model isn't intricate enough for abilities yet), Adding IE (or a second IE even) always does more damage than adding LW or BC.

I'm taking care to watch for uniqueness of the critical damage modifier and everything... Yet it seems no matter what that if you can afford IE you should always purchase it over penetration.(until you hit 100 critical chance)

So for top damage of aa I've got:

Berserk boots, bt, pd, ie, ie, pd (2nd pd turns out to be marginally more dps than a 3rd ie)

Technically ie should be before everything, but I like bt and pd first. I've gotten the same results from 40 Armor up to 250.

Thoughts?
Exactly.

The caveat is that if you can only afford the parts, literally any other legendary tier item is better. It's the passive that makes IE the best.

edit: owait dat item build ._.

iToonLink

02-07-2013

i'd understand another bt but 2 ies is stupid

Camen Sieder

02-07-2013

doesnt crit cap?

Epjest

02-07-2013

*gets stunned, dies to the Pantheon with only two offensive items*

Schtauffenz

02-07-2013

Well of course buying defensive items is smart. I'm saying from an offensive stand point ie (and yes a second for the ad and crit) is always better than an Armor pen item.

Schtauffenz

02-07-2013

The build I posted is what my sheet says would be maximum aa damage. I wouldn't literally build that in a match.

Schtauffenz

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKillMeFirstxX View Post
doesnt crit cap?
with 2 pd and 2 ie you are wasting 10 crit from items. You still do more damage than adding an Armor pen item