These classes of Champions are useless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Karma Ionia

02-07-2013

I can kinda see where he's coming from, though not necessarily agree. I do think that bruisers are currently the best class to play right now as they deal high damage and absorb even more, and bruisers make and break games more often than our ADCs do nowadays. But assassins and mages are FAR from useless.

Crimson5pheonix

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavieevy View Post
Exactly!

"Baddies get caught out and try to 1v1 the champion group that is designed to win 1v1s" Well put, this is the truth. Bruisers dominating mid and bot lane now.
I'm pretty sure it's assassins that go mid, like Kha and Talon. Oh wait, that can't be, because assassins are useless :\

As far as bot lane goes, what bruiser is winning bot? I don't think I've seen that yet.

GlyphTsen

02-07-2013

What I really don't get is where anyone gets the idea that ADC's don't naturally counter Bruisers (and tanks). I can understand arguing that assassins, and some burst mages could have trouble, but a carry?

I don't get that. Carries are all about the very high sustained dps. It's their JOB to kill sturdy targets that their mages and assassins can't deal with for whatever reason.

Yuan Shikai

02-07-2013

lol, the viability of assassin's shot through the roof with S3, they became like, ten times more viable than they were in S3.

Kha Zix is also not a tanky bruiser, he is an assassin, he does barely any damage if built tanky.
Riven is also not a bruiser, she needs to build glass cannon mega ad to not be useless and fall off into oblivion in teamfights.

Crimson5pheonix

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
lol, the viability of assassin's shot through the roof with S3, they became like, ten times more viable than they were in S3.

Kha Zix is also not a tanky bruiser, he is an assassin, he does barely any damage if built tanky.
Riven is also not a bruiser, she needs to build glass cannon mega ad to not be useless and fall off into oblivion in teamfights.
Whut. Riven is a bruiser. She's like the bruiser that defines bruisers. She is the second to last word in face beating (after Jax).

Xavieevy

02-07-2013

None of you seem to get it, you think with all these items, you're going to destroy, but your not thinking. Those bruisers have high base damages and usually some type of CC, if you build glass cannon, your definitely going to die. And yes, you can argue that an adc counters bruisers but thats LATE game,.. how often to games last 30-40 minutes+?

Yuan Shikai

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5pheonix View Post
Whut. Riven is a bruiser. She's like the bruiser that defines bruisers. She is the second to last word in face beating (after Jax).

She does not even egt CLOSE to be as unkillable as a normal bruiser, she is just dellusive.

Riven is actually much rather what would be considered a "viable melee adc" than a bruiser, she cannot do much in fights without building at least 3 or 4 major damage items.

Crimson5pheonix

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavieevy View Post
None of you seem to get it, you think with all these items, you're going to destroy, but your not thinking. Those bruisers have high base damages and usually some type of CC, if you build glass cannon, your definitely going to die. And yes, you can argue that an adc counters bruisers but thats LATE game,.. how often to games last 30-40 minutes+?
They also typically have poor range and their CC is usually limited at best. They deal decent damage, but not the damage of a carry or mage. They're mildly tough, but not like a tank. You can actually build glass cannon and win just fine if you use tactics and strategy in the game that's about tactics and strategy.

If they sent a bruiser bot, your ADC should be fed early. But it's not hard to stall a game until your team can catch up. You just have to not be a baddie.

Crimson5pheonix

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
She does not even egt CLOSE to be as unkillable as a normal bruiser, she is just dellusive.

Riven is actually much rather what would be considered a "viable melee adc" than a bruiser, she cannot do much in fights without building at least 3 or 4 major damage items.
That's all bruisers. Bruisers that only build 1 or 2 damage items are wannabe tanks, they don't actually do damage. It just looks like they do between their carries doing all the lifting and going after squishies that die easily.

The best example of this is Darius. For a good while, Darius players would build straight tank and end up with a majority of the team's kills, which made it look like he dealt tons of damage. But if you went back and looked at his damage dealt, he usually dealt the least damage on a team apart from the support.

So the current meta with straight tank bruisers is a trick, they're fooling you into thinking you can build straight tank on a bruiser and deal a ton of damage. Naturally you have to focus the damage dealer, but they make it look like the damage dealer is tough. In reality, he can be focused easily AFTER you kill the enemy damage dealers.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
Dumb noob is dumb...
There is no need for insults. If you can't say anything constructive and nice, then leave. We don't want toxic players.

He posted his opinion on something, all you had to do was reply with your thoughts, no need to be an ass about it.

Here, I'll even fix it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
You should watch a pro stream, you can learn how effective assassins, mages, and ranged carries are. The itemization changes made bruisers worse, not better, in my opinion.

You just need to try different builds and items, try different things to try and counter these changes. We should have a game together sometime Maybe I can help.
See how nice that sounds?