You DON'T need the current game meta to win

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

1. Why "should" a "bruiser" top-lane and not mid or bot?
Mid should have an ap champ because regardless of what side your on your close to blue buff.
Bot should normally be a duo lane so you can contest dragon easier
So that only leave top lane. Which you run a bruiser because they are the furthest away from team help and need sustain in lane.

2. Why is top-lane a solo lane?
Because you want to have a jungle to gain all potential xp and gold. also see question 1.

3. Why "should" an AP carry (bruisers nowadays) be mid-lane and not top or bot?
See question 1.

4. Why is mid-lane a solo lane?
because ap carries do not need to be baby sat like an adc

5. Why is there a support role?
to make sure your carries has the best items in the game.

6. Why is support/AD carry bot-lane and not top or mid?
Dragon Control

7. Why is bot a duo lane?
Dragon Control

8. Why is there only 1 carry?
You have 2 carries. APC & ADC.

If you look at any other game that is team based you will see the same type of setup.
in any mmo you normally have
1 Support / Healer - Priest In WoW
1 Tank / Bruiser - Warrior In WoW
1 Assaisain / Jungler - Rouge In WoW
1 Ranged AD - Hunter In WoW
1 Ranged Mage / AP - Mage In WoW

Im not saying that the only way to win is using the current meta but a majority of the players in league of legends do not have the ability to come up with strategies and make them work so they play the way that they see everyone else play.

ZioticX

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoyItsaMegaman View Post
"People who disagree with me must have misunderstood my point" is one of the most obnoxious arguments you can make. "People who disagree with me must be stupid" is another. Please how to participate in a mature discussion.

What is it about League of Legends that makes people "panick and usually fall easily" once they see something out of the meta? Why can't you do the same thing at a local Smash Bros tournament, or Magic the Gathering, or Scrabble, or basketball? Or do you honestly believe that amateurs across multiple kinds of games are all easily beatable as long as you surprise them?
So you disagree that you cannot win without the current meta? It is a fact that you can so only a fool would deny facts. Which makes my statement true.

Skyhawke

02-08-2013

If you read what other people are saying, Ziotic, they're saying that most of the time it's a good idea to play the traditional metagame, because it is the most efficient method of gold distribution. No one has said that you cannot win without the current meta. Maybe you should stop calling out people on their intelligence levels and work on some reading comprehension skills instead.

As far as the topic is concerned, I agree for the most part--especially in lower level games. Many players don't really know how to counter the advantage of a 2v1 top if you play without a jungle, so it tends to work fairly well in lower level games.

ZioticX

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawke View Post
If you read what other people are saying, Ziotic, they're saying that most of the time it's a good idea to play the traditional metagame, because it is the most efficient method of gold distribution. No one has said that you cannot win without the current meta. Maybe you should stop calling out people on their intelligence levels and work on some reading comprehension skills instead.

As far as the topic is concerned, I agree for the most part--especially in lower level games. Many players don't really know how to counter the advantage of a 2v1 top if you play without a jungle, so it tends to work fairly well in lower level games.
When i said "you don't see much intelligence" i was mainly joking around, until he posted his post. He basically said using the current game meta is the only way to win, which I said it's not.

I NEVER said if you don't use it you will always win. I'm just saying it's possible to win WITHOUT using the meta. Maybe you should develop some reading comprehension skills because you obviously didn't get it.

Skyhawke

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZioticX View Post
When i said "you don't see much intelligence" i was mainly joking around, until he posted his post. He basically said using the current game meta is the only way to win, which I said it's not.

I NEVER said if you don't use it you will always win. I'm just saying it's possible to win WITHOUT using the meta. Maybe you should develop some reading comprehension skills because you obviously didn't get it.
Haha, I never said that you said that. You're just looking to start fights. Have fun!

OriginalJack

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZioticX View Post

I NEVER said if you don't use it you will always win. I'm just saying it's possible to win WITHOUT using the meta.
Well yeah but your odds of winning with the standard meta are better than without it so why not use it if your goal is to win. If you're just playing for fun then it's whatever but I feel like if most of the people were just playing for fun and didn't care about winning we wouldn't have gotten 3 pages of this.

(note that I'm mostly talking about solo queue, in pre-made 5s you can do whatever you want)