You DON'T need the current game meta to win

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZioticX

02-07-2013

• You DON'T need a jungler
  • You DON'T need to have adc and support bot
  • You DON'T need to have an ap mid

And MANY MANY more.

I played a game this morning where we had TWO junglers on one team. Yes, me and hecarim were jungling. And we dominated in that game.

Who says you need a jungler? And who says only 1 is good?

I've also played a game where there was twisted fate and taric bot. They completely dominated us, this go's to show :

You DON'T need the current game meta to win.

lmmortality

02-07-2013

Of course you don't need anything. Your could win a game with five supports. The other team was garbage to lose to two junglers. Put two junglers sharing xp and they'll be underleveled while I dominate bot lane while they fail tank. Taric is a strong support. It's not a feat beating a bronze IV player. Pretty much all of you are garbage.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Twisted fate and taric aren't that far out of the meta - TF used to be played as AD, and sometimes still is, and taric is a very standard support.

No jungler or two junglers can work if you're playing against very unskilled opponents, or if you have a specific team strategy, but in general, it will put you behind a team using a single jungle.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

there are alot of factors that go into winning and losing.

the meta is there for a reason because that is the best way to play.

Pro's spend more time then anyone playing this game and they have sound logic why you play this way.

you have to take into account the skill gap between players that your playing with. the pros pretty close to skill level and are really the only people that can test out new things for a meta. just because i can stomp my friend in a game with a dumb pick does not make it a good pick. just mean im a better player

not trying to dis you but you are in bronze league and i know from experience they are really bad people down there.

OriginalJack

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZioticX View Post
  • You DON'T need a jungler
  • You DON'T need to have adc and support bot
  • You DON'T need to have an ap mid

And MANY MANY more.

I played a game this morning where we had TWO junglers on one team. Yes, me and hecarim were jungling. And we dominated in that game.

I've also played a game where there was twisted fate and taric bot. They completely dominated us, this go's to show :

You DON'T need the current game meta to win.
People who actually understand the meta know that the 1-1-2-jungle is just the "standard meta" and that there are several other viable strats that all have their pros and cons. In solo queue it's often a good idea to stick to it because everybody knows it but nobody says you have to.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

02-07-2013

You can find hundreds of games on YouTube where people have won with double jungle, triple mid, 5 mid, 5 jungle, all AD, all AP, all supports.

You can find hundreds of thousands of games where people have won with 1 top, 1 jungle, apc mid, adc+sup bot.

People don't play the standard setup because they think it is the only way to win or because it is guaranteed to beat any other setup. They play it because it generally gives you an advantage over teams that do something different. You look a bit foolish citing one or two unranked games as evidence that the standard 1-1-1-2 setup is suboptimal or easy to beat.

Turtle Omega

02-07-2013

If you want to get out of Bronze, I would suggest following the meta. -.-

Zisi

02-07-2013

Often games where your intentionally doing a troll comp you actually do wind up winning. This only happens because it throws the opposing team way off balance if they are bad and don't know how to react, and because your spirits are high and your just doing it for the lols generally.

I remember one game I had where we all took smite, all picked junglers, and did actually all jungle lol, we all roamed around ganking, we did dragon at like lvl 2-3 (quad smite LOL). Did baron as soon as it was up. And we won, not because it was a good idea, but because the opposing team just had no idea how to react.

A few days ago we did "All MID" where we all picked mid champs and went mid, won that as well. "Stealth Comp" was pretty funny. Blitz + carry Alistar is pretty hilarious. I once got crushed by "Team Yordle".

Sometimes you'll see things like "lee sin support", or the like. The main thing here is that if you don't feed him hes completely worthless, but you wont win an early fight, so just ward the bush and make absolutely sure you don't fall for it.

Anyway, playing against a hyper aggressive troll comp like this is actually very easy. You just send your jungler and support to whatever lane they are all at and defend 5v3 while your adc and top free farm their lanes. The longer that goes on the more behind they get, which is why all this stuff really shouldn't work, your depending on the opposing team to suck to get your win.

Zisi

02-07-2013

Quote:
Math. The whole point is to make the most optimal use of all the farm that's available to you. The meta is always changing, but 2/1/1/Jungler is something I don't see changing.

Uncanny Doom

02-07-2013

In low level games you don't. Good players however will be able to play against non-meta teams and take advantage of the gimmicks.