Daruis ban is a waste

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeadFish

02-07-2013

why ppls insta ban Daruis ? I dont understand I love when the other team have Daruis lol 3 times didnt ban him i banned zed and kha and the enemy team still pick him and they lost lol and ofc I dont ban Malphite because ppls suck with him hard at Bronze Division and had to top lane vs Daruis as Irelia and he counter her they said lol build Omen first and had so much fun stun him and a couple hit with her E than escape with Q on minion and lol boom he ult me when im at full hp damn ppls stop banning him

0ctogod

02-07-2013

DeadFish,

People usually ban Darius because he is difficult to play against for mechanically unstable players. If you are having trouble last hitting or harassing in lane, you are going to lose to Darius. If you get ganked early and he gets any sort of lead, you are going to lose to Darius. If he hits 6 before you do, you are going to lose to Darius. If he initiates on you at any time during laning phase and you miss one skill, you will probably lose to Darius.

There are so many openings that Darius creates with his kit, which makes him super difficult to play against in laning phase. Just because you encountered a game in which a Darius didn't understand how to properly use stacks and his kit, doesn't mean he isn't occasionally worth a ban in mid-low MMR play.

See you on the battlefield summoner!
BestBlítzNA

ROKAF JE

02-07-2013

If you don't counterpick Darius (or at least play smart) you will feed.
He's a powerful champion, but he's only powerful inside melee range. He can kill pretty much anyone there.

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

u cant 1v1 a decent darius, so people dont like to top vs him because most people in low elo all they know how to do is go balls deep and try to get kills all game. then he gets fed, so even with his ****ty scaling he ****s on your whole team, and it looks even worse since darius usually picks up last hits on champs with his dunks, oh ya, and getting dunked by darius is just demoralizing. its like being 50 hp and watching karths ult pop over your head...only 10x worse.

and i think the worst part is how most darius play, (no wards, push all game, autoattack creeps, and when jungle gank comes in he probably gets a 1 for 1 trade) and because of his kit, they get away with it for the most part. i like the argument that darius is strong initiate but has no escapes. i always think...why the heck would a darius ever run away!?!?!?

torrrance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Its just his pull that most players don't want to deal with and everyone should have a descent knowledge or understanding about how champions work and their mechanics so that when they do play ranked and if they get countered they know what to do (CC counters Akali but it doesn't make it impossible to lane her) and its not easy to shut him down when he's in team fight's, or rather when hes in team fight's you have a decision to make: focus him and get that passive down fast but leaves you open to death because it takes a long time to kill him, or leave him last but have him chipping away at you.

TheFakeSit

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBlítzNA View Post
DeadFish,

People usually ban Darius because he is difficult to play against for mechanically unstable players. If you are having trouble last hitting or harassing in lane, you are going to lose to Darius. If you get ganked early and he gets any sort of lead, you are going to lose to Darius. If he hits 6 before you do, you are going to lose to Darius. If he initiates on you at any time during laning phase and you miss one skill, you will probably lose to Darius.

There are so many openings that Darius creates with his kit, which makes him super difficult to play against in laning phase. Just because you encountered a game in which a Darius didn't understand how to properly use stacks and his kit, doesn't mean he isn't occasionally worth a ban in mid-low MMR play.

See you on the battlefield summoner!
BestBlítzNA

Your comment contains so much wrong information. It doesn't matter if he hits 6 before you if you're playing Jayce (his biggest counter) You should be able to completely bully him out of lane.

People who can't play against Darius don't understand League isn't about just dueling,it's about poking til the time to go in is right. It's about letting your enemy push so your jungle can gank for you. People don't understand these simple concepts because they're new/bad at League. Darius is one of the simplest champions to play against.

DeadFish

02-07-2013

so what about getting HP/ armor like getting early Omen i see that always work well against him and play smart focus on farm and stay out of his E range

Kawaii Katarina

02-07-2013

Here's to a good counter to any Darius in the top lane.

Pick a top laner who synergizes well with your jungler (if they haven't picked yet, ask, or pick someone that works well with most junglers) and receive ganks. Nothing more, nothing else. Seeing a Darius is like a seeing a Mordekaiser--a giant red-target. They have no decent escapes whatsoever and can be easily kited. Oh, what's that? They warded? Any decent player will ward and you don't see decent junglers complaining. It's not that hard to get around. There are a lot of ways to gank people. Darius is a great dueler, it's really all he's good at.

OriginalJack

02-07-2013

IMO Kha is a better ban than Daruis but there is a case for banning him. It's something I call the "blitzcrank effect". Sure, maybe you can deal with being up against a blitzcrank but are you sure the rest of your team can? Often it's not worth the risk and it's better to just ban them. Daruis is that type of champ.

If you are going top and aren't scared of him then don't bother banning him. If it's somebody else going top it might be something to think about.

OoziHobo

02-07-2013

Yeah, if I am not topping I ban Darius in SoloQ because I don't trust other players to not feed him. He snowballs way too hard to risk it. I'm kind of sick of seeing my team captain make these arbitrary bans without even so much as consulting the team. They are solid bans, but there are hard counters to specific champs that deserve it more than Alistar, Amumu, Malphite, and Blitzcrank.

Especially if you know you got first pick and you can pick one of those guys up, or you can easily plan to counter pick them if they foolishly pick those champs.

Janna & Lulu > Alistar
Any fast Jungler > Amumu
Minions > Blitzcrank