I can't believe I'm saying this but.. I'm enjoying Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmoebaCowboy

02-07-2013

So, some build advice needed.

On my alt account (Planarian) where I play for fun, I decided to start playing Teemo again because I was bored... and then went 4-0 in ranked games. Every single one of them was a stompfest (10/1/4, 12/3/11, 10/3/8) including my last game (4/4/10) which was winning a 4v5 after our ADC afk'd at about 4mins in. It feels dirty but I'm having a blast playing him. May God have mercy on my soul.

I've been top twice, mid twice... but I feel like there may be a more efficient build order than what I'm using. Currently, starting boots/3pots. First back is haunting and sorcs (if possible). From there it's either Stinger to Rabadon's, or Malady/stinger/NLR/Rabadon. I'll finish Liandry's somewhere between the cap and Nashor's. Rylai's is a luxury item at this point.

Fun build but some issues: lack of noticeable CDR and manaregen. I find myself either running OOM, or not being able to really abuse shrooms/Q unless I grab blue. While I haven't needed it yet, some beef to get around how squishy Teemo is would be nice.. I'm looking for a viable option that isn't a huge gold sink/frozen mallet approach.

So, suggestions? Efficiency & phase of game to build are important.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Sounds like you are doing great...probably because your shrooms are WARDING areas, and assuming you arent 30, people arent used to the importance of wards.

Id recommend against boots for toplane. +25 movespeed isnt worth it to me. maybe mid since you have to dodge enemy AP skillshots.
Instead a Flask, a ward and a pot might work better. This gives you extra mana while keeping health regen about the same. 1 pt in Move Fast ought to give you the MS you need. Blind can shut down enemy melee when they jump on you and let you win the trade.

items wise, have you tried Nashers Tooth?
2300g cost, provides:
65 AP (1300g)
50 AS (1400g)
20 CDR (1000g)

This makes it pretty efficient. Too bad it got nerfed again and has no MP5 anymore.

Mana is a problem as Riot has screwed up the itemization bigtime. You dont have a lot of choices. A philo stone helps and gives GP10 but you really need SURVIVAL.

Spirit Stone is another option. Same cost as Philo but with better HP5/MP5, and builds to the Wraithstone doodad. 2k for 50 AP (worth 1k alone), 20% spell vamp, 10% CDR, and mp5/hp5. Efficent but no survival.

Rod of Ages is another option. It gives cost effective AP, mana, health to address tankiness. AND the catalyst gives decent sustain for both HP and MP in lane when gotten early. Plus it adds to early tankiness even in catalyst form.

Chalice is doable too for tons of mana. Upgrades to Athenes which is solid for CDR and mana and AP. Rushing MR isnt exactly ideal though.

Finally theres Morellonomicon. He REALLY wants you to use his item and is nerfing everythign else. It does take care of MP5 and CDR very efficiently plus some good AP. This would allow you to take a Faery Charm early and be able to do something with it later.

Try some of those options. im leaning toward the Catalyst to Rod at the moment, then Nashers, then Deathcap,etc.

AmoebaCowboy

02-07-2013

Warrrax,

I do run Nashor's Tooth, in fact I prefer it over Malady.

I've found that boots toplane let me weave in & out for last hitting and potshots at the melee top when they go in to last hit.. and let's me stay out of range of most toplane gap closers until I go in for last hits myself. I've considered flask start, or even cloth start (with wards/pots) but at my ELO, most people don't make the connection between me going in to last hit=use gap closer and spank my squishy ass... I rarely need the added sustain.

I'll have to take a closer look at Spirit Stone, it's not something I'd considered. RoA is another possibility but it delays the point at which I can force down the tower and roam/shroom. For the 2800 RoA costs, I could have Tooth and almost my sorcs already.

I just don't see any justification for Athene's on Teemo. He doesn't spam enough to really abuse the passive mregen.

**Edit: And yes, I'm 30.. but as this is my "for funsies" account it's in the Bronze ELO so skill levels vary wildly.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Remember you dont need the full ROA. Just catalyst boosts health, mana and gives both sustain types.

As for boots start, do wahtever you want. But your autoattack range is 500. EVERY gapcloser in existance can easily hit you from there, including darius grab.
Hence boots really don't help you in the slightest in that respect. If you are poking with Blind (which runs you OOM fast) then its 580 range kinda falls into the same category.. although nobodys gonna gapclose after you blind them...
A single ward keeps the mean junglers away.

I probably wouldnt go athenes either, but it IS reasonably cost effective.
2600g for total and utter mana fixage, 1200g of AP, 700g of MR, 800g of CDR.

Fluffy1

02-08-2013

i enjoy teemo, especially the part where i kill him