@Riot - Any Red!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zedilurk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

So, I'm a Game Design student at Columbia College in Chicago. I've always wondered a few things about Riot, but never bothered to sit down and ask.

So, questions...initiate FIRING SEQUENCE!!!
What is League coded in? Do you guys mix and match languages based on the skills of your programmers? Or do you go all out C++ for the speed? Or C#? Or something else?

What engine do you guys use? Do you use one made by another company, or did you make your own engine? If you made your own, I doubt there's anywhere I could find it online to toy around with it for experience's sake?

I want to apply for an internship, but I kind of want to know ahead of time what I'd be getting into so I can be prepared, and even if I don't apply, I could find out a little more about how a company as large as Riot operates. Is there any advice you could give me in terms of design that would help me in my application? I have a strong knowledge of several programming languages too, if anything in relation to coding would help me out as well.

I'm getting to the stage where I need to craft a portfolio and start looking for internships and soon enough a job, so I want to dive right in and see what I can find out. Also, a huge thank you to any Red who takes a couple minutes of their time to respond And anyone else that has any experience working for a Game Studio would be awesome too!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zedilurk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Bump for answers!