I hate my life

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killduron

02-06-2013

Started a game and went mid as Pantheon vs. Fizz (because that's the only champion that I play that can take him, lol) and ended up killing him twice and helping the jungler get a kill on the enemy jungler, all before 5 minutes. I felt so good, and guess what happened?

That's right, my internet provider decided to do a maintenance RIGHT then, and I was without internet (along with my entire area I'm sure) for a good hour.

Needless to say, that team lost and lost LP and I'm sure reported me.

It just makes me feel bad knowing that they had to lose LP and everything because of me. What if one of them needed that game to move up?

Idk, the whole thing just bugs me. There really should be some sort of fix for this kind of thing, like someone who can drop in in my place, or a way for it to no count against my team.

Cooljaysman

02-06-2013

No that will never work because people will just abuse it and if they are losing, just tell one person to d/c

Defnist47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

With ISP, things like this is inevitable. It is impossible to make it without problems occuring. What do you propose to fix this? Take into account family issues, dc's, the program, ISP, power outages.. all possibilities to ruin the game. It can and will happen there is no way out of it. As a promotion system, it's very nice, even better than Sc2 which they took the concept from.

If they made it so it doesn't count against the team, drops will occur so much more. Someone might be losing their for their final win needed on a placement match, unplug PC and bam, everyone wasted time etc need to get in a new game. That is even worse because it would be highly abused. You could keep doing it until everyone has 100% wins.

Killduron

02-07-2013

I didn't mean to set off a huge thing, lol, I was just feeling bad about it.

sepetaiya

02-07-2013

its good you have some compassion, its obvious the new system does not account for dcers at all, and dcing is usually not intentional so i cant believe riot hasnt done something.

but hey, at least they gave power back to the trolls and made us honest and innocent players take point dodge penalty.

justice for the... wicked?

scotth266

02-07-2013

I know that feel. Had a ranked game that was going badly. I had the jungler's dilemma: all lanes were losing, and I didn't know which one to save. All of my teammates were harassing me for not being as good as the enemy jungler, with our support Nunu telling me to "take a gun and kill yourself." The enemies were grouping up for their final push... when the dorm's fire alarm went off. I quickly typed to my team "Oh ****, fire alarm, gotta go" and get up to put on my shoes. Last thing I see before turning away from the computer is my team's Nunu telling the enemies to report me for "AFK'ing and being trash."

Turns out the fire alarm was a drill. I don't regret having to leave the game. If anything, I thank that fire alarm from saving me from what might have been another ten minutes of hell, and replacing it with ten minutes of good minestrone (one of the three things my college can actually cook properly.)