Taric Build Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FyshinaTux

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc da Beast View Post
he's good if fed, unlike other champions that can still do good even if they lost top (not so badly), most important factor is know what to build for every situation.
Taric still being a teamfight champion Aegis will always be a core item, the tanky ap items like rilays and roa, a frozen hearth/randuin's and abyssal scepter as situationals maybe... pretty much a cho'gath-like build

ps. remember that you lose some armor bonus from W (as much as enemies) while it is on cooldown, so sometimes its better to keep it up till the last second
thanks for the tip, I overlooked the part about him losing the bonus while it's on CD ^^;

The McSmashy

02-06-2013

Taric top is more of a counterpick to heavy physical damage tops, he becomes rather nasty with some items and offers both utility to your team (AP/AD from ult, stun, AoE armor, a heal) and can whack peoples faces in. An early gank would set a Taric top up permanently. The question is really what to build on him. I've seen Yomuu for ArP, CDR, and an active for chasing and smacking for cooldowns, Zephyrr + Boots of Swift would be great for movespeed and tenacity, RoA gives health and damage... Lots of stuff.

Also, Apoc Da Beast: As long as you have more armor than them, W increases your damage more than it increases theirs, and since your W gives you armor even when it's been used (it has an aura that's always on, and a personal armor buff that you lose when you cast it), you'll often out-armor them with W. But if it's a 2v1 you probably want to not use it except as a final bit of burst.

Keep in mind that the Mana you regain is based on the damage you deal with your autos, which makes AD valuable, but your other stuff scales with AP, so it's a bit tricky. Gunblade Taric actually sounds hilarious, now that I think about it (Especially since it now has an AP ratio)

FyshinaTux

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The McSmashy View Post
Taric top is more of a counterpick to heavy physical damage tops, he becomes rather nasty with some items and offers both utility to your team (AP/AD from ult, stun, AoE armor, a heal) and can whack peoples faces in. An early gank would set a Taric top up permanently. The question is really what to build on him. I've seen Yomuu for ArP, CDR, and an active for chasing and smacking for cooldowns, Zephyrr + Boots of Swift would be great for movespeed and tenacity, RoA gives health and damage... Lots of stuff.

Also, Apoc Da Beast: As long as you have more armor than them, W increases your damage more than it increases theirs, and since your W gives you armor even when it's been used (it has an aura that's always on, and a personal armor buff that you lose when you cast it), you'll often out-armor them with W. But if it's a 2v1 you probably want to not use it except as a final bit of burst.

Keep in mind that the Mana you regain is based on the damage you deal with your autos, which makes AD valuable, but your other stuff scales with AP, so it's a bit tricky. Gunblade Taric actually sounds hilarious, now that I think about it (Especially since it now has an AP ratio)
would gunblade taric be worth trying out would you say? I mean, the point you bring up about it being damage dealt is the whole idea behind "hybrid" instead of "AP". And it gives both, as well as some lifesteal and spellvamp to boot :P

OMG... imagine going full AD/Crit Taric. One Crit'd auto and you have full mana again xDDDDD

Something I'd do in a custom game just to see it... but not something I do in an actual game xD

FyshinaTux

02-07-2013

One "Leh Bump" before I let this thread die