Taric Build Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FyshinaTux

02-07-2013

Before you read on be fore-warned. This idea (original to me, if someone else thought of it my bad, not trying to steal credit, just figured I'd throw out an idea I just had) goes completely against what you all know of Taric. If you are just going to downvote without reading because I'm throwing an IDEA out there, please just leave... I want constructive thoughts only.

If you still want to know... read on... (there will be a TL;DR, don't worry)

Taric, has a single target stun, a heal that is AMAZING if self cast, and not that bad if cast on someone else, an armor buff, an armor reduction debuff, and an ult that deals decent damage while giving him (and allies) an AD and an AP buff. In addition to this, He also has a passive that kills all mana problems a champ could have with the building of a little AD (last hitting minions alone would replenish mana fairly well I would say (once again, an idea, haven't tested this.))

So here's the thought. Taric in Top lane as a Hybrid Bruiser Tank... thing.

He would get the farm to build "nice" items to make his abilities do more, the hybrid would be nice since he's Melee and if you're stun shatter ulti them... well odds are you're going to be whacking away at the too.

Being that this was an idea that was just birthed moments ago, I haven't given MUCH thought to how he would be built, but I'm imagining something not too dissimilar from any other hybrid tanky DPS (Tri-force or gunblade (or both if doing REALLY well) followed by tanky items of some manner, or tanky AD items LIKE atma's (in that it has AD and armor, not that you should actually USE atma's).)

Opinions and thoughts?

TL;DR

How would Taric do in top lane as a tanky hybrid bruiser? His kit seems like it would mesh well with this type of build. Opinions?

senrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Dunno about top lane, but he's hilarious mid lane if built tanky ap.

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

His lower levels would make him lose out to some of the common tops, that and he is soooo mana hungry that he just kind of falls apart if you can harass him to heal spamming.

Rathour

02-07-2013

Battle Taric top is outrageous when given a good gank early. His natural armor gives him resistance to most tops, his armor shred can help him win early trades, his heal gives him good sustain, his passive is one of the few abilities to grant mana sustain, and he provides a lot of utility for fights later on.
The core items I usually see in Battle Taric usually include RoA and Nashor's. Nashor's for the sole reason of "Heal cooldown reduced by 3 seconds when striking enemy champions."

FyshinaTux

02-07-2013

OMG, GD, you surprised me... I know I said constructive thoughts only, but this is GD afterall...

Thanks for all the feedback, apparently it is a... "thing" per se.

May have to give it a shot myself sometime.

Thanks in particular to Rathour for the slightly in depth description of how he is (already) played <3

FyshinaTux

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post
His lower levels would make him lose out to some of the common tops, that and he is soooo mana hungry that he just kind of falls apart if you can harass him to heal spamming.
Even if my champ has a heal, I usually start 9 pots 2 wards to counter this issue

Atue

02-07-2013

He would be a little behind usual tops, but with ranged... kite all day, make you spam heal, out of mana.
Definately could be a thing, but it would need so much assistence to get to the level you envision.

FyshinaTux

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atue View Post
He would be a little behind usual tops, but with ranged... kite all day, make you spam heal, out of mana.
Definately could be a thing, but it would need so much assistence to get to the level you envision.
so to this effect, a potential counter pick top laner?

boosawesome

02-07-2013

Well, Taric was originally designed as more of a fighter than most supports, so it makes sense

Apoc da Beast

02-07-2013

he's good if fed, unlike other champions that can still do good even if they lost top (not so badly), most important factor is know what to build for every situation.
Taric still being a teamfight champion Aegis will always be a core item, the tanky ap items like rilays and roa, a frozen hearth/randuin's and abyssal scepter as situationals maybe... pretty much a cho'gath-like build

ps. remember that you lose some armor bonus from W (as much as enemies) while it is on cooldown, so sometimes its better to keep it up till the last second