[Guide] Lux, the Little Lady of Light

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarkXKiller

11-05-2010

no rod of power or rylai scepter?

i feel she is too squishy in certain games.. better get at least 1 of those.

SsapS

11-05-2010

Agreed with the first reply, what are you tolkein about, lux does some serious damage.

I've probably only played about 10 games with her because I am usually forced to tank because of solo que or people I play with like to carry.

But quite frequently I carry very hard by even starting in a side lane. Her ability to stand in the back in the fight and snare / sheild / slow people allows her to get mejai's stacks with ease and without putting herself in danger.

Getting 20 stacks of Mejais has never been a problem for me.

Build is usually the same as most casters, mejai's, RoA, RCS, Zonyas, Void/Arch + Boots

With runes, I use some mana regen, magic pen, and CDR, with golem I have something like 35% CDR, and end game I generally (with pots) am somewhere near 750 AP , Ultimate doing close to 700 damage, and cooldown being 24 seconds.

Wtf 24 seconds? I just stand in my jungle and snipe teams as they approach, so whenever they decide to fight, they are all already low health its ****ing stupid.

And the shield, holy balls, if anythings its OP, I think I looked at it one game and it was sheilding for ~500-600 TWICE

And throwing in correctly at carries and tanks, wtf its like your whole team having 1200 extra health

Right in the middle of a teamfight, now that is hella OP

Anyways, like the author of this thread, I expect to play many many more games with Lux, at least til she gets nerfed, because she is definitely OP when I play her, albeit I don't see all that many good Lux's....She is easily my favorite champion atm.

Pastrytime

12-17-2010

I know she's squishy but I rarely seem to die playing her. She might be as squishy as Twitch but her range and kiting ability are leaps and bounds better. Think about it this way: You need HP if you're going to be hit a lot, but if you stay out of the fire all the extra HP you've invested in is pretty useless. I'm not saying don't get any defensive items but they'd probably be my last priority. Also Prismatic Barrier keeps you alive through many things you don't deserve to live through, so until that gets nerfed I'll keep my current build.

Pastrytime

12-17-2010

Oh and to all the people who continually complain about maxing CDR, maybe learn to do some maths. 15% + 15% + 10% = 40%, which is the CDR cap. Actually it's only ~39.85% or so, but that's probably enough yeah? (Fyi that would be runes and masteries + DFG + Elixir that caps your CDR for you).

The problem with just getting codex is that (from memory) codex is only 10% CDR.

gom99

12-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkXKiller View Post
no rod of power or rylai scepter?

i feel she is too squishy in certain games.. better get at least 1 of those.
The problem I have with Rylai's, RoA, and AA is that they have you invest rather heavily early into non AP items (Giant's Belt, Catalyst, Tear of Goddess). Lux is most dangerous from about lvl 2-10. If you're encumbered by a 1Kish item that's about 30-60 AP you could have gotten to ensure more kills when you're at your peak time in the game.

I would add the usefulness of Haunting Guise to the guide though, it's better in instances where Mejai is not a suitable item ie: stalemated/losing games.

Pastrytime

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom99 View Post
The problem I have with Rylai's, RoA, and AA is that they have you invest rather heavily early into non AP items (Giant's Belt, Catalyst, Tear of Goddess). Lux is most dangerous from about lvl 2-10. If you're encumbered by a 1Kish item that's about 30-60 AP you could have gotten to ensure more kills when you're at your peak time in the game.

I would add the usefulness of Haunting Guise to the guide though, it's better in instances where Mejai is not a suitable item ie: stalemated/losing games.
I agree with pretty much all of this, especially the mention of Haunting Guise.

I think people are really trying to be to aggressive with Lux which just isn't what you want to be doing.

Narvuntien

12-23-2010

I have only just started with Lux so I don't consider myself very good.

I approve of the use of Clarity as a summoner spell because I often find myself limited by mana early. It has a fairly short cooldown on it.

unfortunately I am only level 18 and I can't get all my masteries into cooldown but it is amazing the difference having just one more mastery point into cooldown reduction had. although it might of been that I was up against the worst team in history (3V5 and the game went for an hour). But with that cooldown mastery by the time set up a kill bam my ulti is ready fantastic.

Lux is very powerful early but I am not confindent enough to get Mejai's yet... being powerful early seems to trick me into thinking I can always play as agressively as I did at the start which equals deaths... it is hard to tell exactly when you stop being able to combo your abilities (plus a few auto attacks) and kill.

I do get RoA first but I start with the blasting wand and not with catalyst. She is fairly good at farming a couple of potions at the start and you can get blasting wand and catalyst at the same time.

Rylais is pointless because Q outlasts the slow, W doesn't count, E is Slow and AoE. R they will be too far away anyway.

People have even suggested Zhonya's first!

I use:
RoA, boots then DFG.

You need AP early and cooldowns later. She is inbetween the nuking power of LeBlanc and the spell spamming of Annie which makes her particularly hard to play.

Pastrytime

01-05-2011

Given the latest patch this guide is in for a major re-write, stay tuned.