[Guide] Lux, the Little Lady of Light

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MBirk

10-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaith361 View Post
Umm what? idk how ur playing but i end up with 350-500 ap by the end of the game. i build

tear of the goddess
sorc boots
mejais
archangels staff
rod of ages-for ap, health and mana that = ap with archangels
deathfire
zhonyas, rylais cs, or void staff depending on wat champs im facing

rylais if they have ranged dps for extra health, void staff for tanks and zhonyas if they have alot of squishies

and i go about 10-15 kills 5 deaths and 10 assists, but u must have a decent team otherwise u will get face raped because she is a support caster not a nuker
I am going to say it bluntly.
This kind of post is how not to play and how not to write a guide.

sorc boots, mejais, AA, rod, deathfire, and zhonyas.

10835 gold. Right. you get 500 ap and 10k gold every game.
Its the same as people who talk about her 24s ult. So this champion only becomes useful at level 16 and with 500 ap, and 40% cdr? If your entire build depends on doing nothing but farm for 35minutes, then it is garbage.
It will only work when your opponents are completely terrible, or "u must have a decent team otherwise u will get face raped" rely on a team that carries your worthless build.

As its pretty funny but I WIN most games before level 16 on many champions, and even that is well after the game is really decided at level 6-12. And 14-16 is just taking out the inner towers, and inhibs vs a more or less broken team.

Here, you also, say she is a support caster, then build sorc boots, mejais and AA. All pure offensive ap items.

malphismia

10-31-2010

You can roll with just Fiendish Codex+Elixir of Brilliance (saving the elixir and only potting when the teamfight comes up), instead of upgrading to DFG.

This sort of streamlines your build, so you can get Zhonya's faster.

Just a tip, but only for people that can remember to pot before/during a teamfight. I know a lot of people that are too pre-occupied right-clicking their target to remember their item actives heh. In which case, Zhonya's active isn't too important to rush either lol

Pastrytime

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
You can roll with just Fiendish Codex+Elixir of Brilliance (saving the elixir and only potting when the teamfight comes up), instead of upgrading to DFG.

This sort of streamlines your build, so you can get Zhonya's faster.

Just a tip, but only for people that can remember to pot before/during a teamfight. I know a lot of people that are too pre-occupied right-clicking their target to remember their item actives heh. In which case, Zhonya's active isn't too important to rush either lol
Hmm I do like this suggestion, might chuck it in the guide. Currently working out a bunch of builds and stuff anyway, all of which will go in the guide when I sort them out. Lux the options lady, who'da thunk it?

Pastrytime

11-01-2010

Hmm, tried to expand the guide but am over the 30,000 character limit. Have saved in a word document the changes I've made and this thing isn't getting any smaller. Suggestions?

CrossBlades

11-01-2010

This is an ok guide but you need more hp in there shes as squishy as twitch ( says a lot)

Marcus Davidus

11-02-2010

nice guide but

Here is my builod wich works rly rly good

start with mana crystal. and 2 hp pots. w8 from tear of godest go buy it as soon as u can. than boots
than maya than sorc boots, than finish angels staff than another tear than finish second staf, than nashor tooth for cd reduction, finish with zonya. i dont build deathgraps on her becosue it got way to short range and i never want to be even remotelly close to any harm. with this build u got aboute 900 ap your laser anihlitale any low hp champs .
basic combo is : start from fog with binding drop aoe auto atack detonate aoe auto atack finish laser. this take like 2 seconds to make full combo and hmm annie is death before she is in range of her spells ... cheers

Akajumo

11-02-2010

I happen to disagree with most of you and this guide. Lux CAN nuke. I went 26/4/9 on 3v3.

My build:

tear of goddess
sorcerer's boots
Rylais scepter
Zhonya's
abyssal scepter
lich bane.

This is a very effective build.

Marcus Davidus

11-03-2010

eccept u dotn got enought ap to do aything yeah is ncie build and u dont got cdreduction
and maya on lux is need to have

Ĺ hingetsu

11-04-2010

I build her CDR (frozen heart, rushed) So by level 8ish I'm getting kills solo in mid. (Because of the other CDR item that is part of FH). start spamming combo q,e,a,e(explode),a(untill starts 2 run),r(if low HP).
After that Void staff, Zhonya's ring = over 200 AP. Start kiling. Although in this case you can still support (spam 2nd skill every ~5~ sec) but here you can easily nuke. Although she's much more of a "harass, harass, harass, KILLED!"

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastrytime View Post
@MBirk, first of all I'm on your side, I'm not saying she's some super damage nuke champion like some other builds/guide, in fact that's the opposite of what I'm saying. I know you quoted someone else's post, but I would like this thread to know that I don't see Lux as a nuker at all really, unless you're winning so hard that it wouldn't matter items you had.

Also this will become clearer as the guide expands but I have listed that Lux's strengths are helping your teammates. Any Lux player that tries to play pure DPS in teamfights is not doing justice to their team. You tend to add CC and reasonably consistent damage output but you aren't going to maul people anytime soon.

Also Q does NOT require line of sight to use.

@Obit, I think max CDR is overkill, the ~25% you get from Deathfire Grasp + Runes and Masteries is more than enough IMO.
You need Max CDR to play her to her full potential. Lux is all about spam. ALL about spam. You want to spam your skills as much as possible and you want to use your ult as many times as you can in a game.