[Guide] Lux, the Little Lady of Light

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pastrytime

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destabilizator View Post
30MR, no HP, yet you hope to proc Sheen on them? Quite daring I'd say, also considering her atkspd. Imo if you wanna go "no surv" build, pack flash/ghost to maximize your escape options and forget about Sheen+

P.S.: it's Funkeln, if I remember correctly... german language, and not having 40% CDR on it is SIN! SIN I SAY!
You don't HAVE to proc Sheen remember but the most common situations you do are when it is safe to do so. For example someone overextends a bit and you snare them, as the snare is travelling you're able to move forward so by the time it hits them you're in attack range, attack once then bail. The same can go for Lucent Singularity, it's all about positioning obviously it's not possible to dream of proccing it in a teamfight, it's more for single target dps if some poor lonely enemy is out positioned against you, or for harassing in your lane.

Also you don't need max CDR =p

Am considering a build with S. Reverie though so that would give you pretty much max CDR.

Also thanks for the note, will change right now. I guess my brain saw an 'i' for whatever reason =S Now that I know where the word came from, the ability is even cooler. SPARKLELAZ0R

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2010

Oh c'mon, once you taste the true laser power on 24s CD and epic farming rate (obliterating whole minion wave with one shot and without any risk), you just can't go without CDR. Sadly there are only sucky options I usually stick with Glacial Shroud + 15% from masteries and blue runes.

Dissonance119

10-26-2010

Good guide, very similar to how I build her.

However...

How do you compensate for her fragility? Neither your items, nor your masteries, cater to surviving more than one swing of Yi. I have found Lux to be extremely prone to being tower dived by decent players, and with your build one would be helpless against that.

OBITWIZZLE

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance119 View Post
Good guide, very similar to how I build her.

However...

How do you compensate for her fragility? Neither your items, nor your masteries, cater to surviving more than one swing of Yi. I have found Lux to be extremely prone to being tower dived by decent players, and with your build one would be helpless against that.
With a snare and root, if you get tower dived as Lux you're horrendously bad.

I personally go with innervating locket and SS for my survivability. I know there's no armor/MR in there, but you NEED AP on her to do anything resembling damage, so you can't get everything.

MBirk

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastrytime View Post
Also, where'd you get your numbers? I've been looking around for a bit and couldn't find them. It's not that I don't believe you I'd just like to see them to confirm/clear a lot of things up for myself.
http://leaguecraft.com/
They have always been fairly accurate, and quick with updating after patches.
Sometimes I just take notes while playing though.
Just make a practice game and check stats, etc. (Bearing in mind masteries/runes effecting things. )

Demertzi

10-27-2010

this must of taken you a very long time D:

Pastrytime

10-27-2010

Somewhat long yes, don't worry it's still being worked on.

Thanks MBirk I was gonna go in game as well I couldn't be bothered as my home comp is so bad I actually have to either borrow one or go to a netcafe to play. If I'm paying to use a computer I usually just want to play =]

@Dissonance, generally I stand out of the way. Honestly learning to keep a safe distance and judging the abilities of champions to hurt you (which is basically all of them) and defending properly at your turret are all key. Lux's range is good enough that you are able to stay out of the fire a good amount of time if you're smart about it. That being said I've been experimenting a build that loses Mejai's in favour of Shurelya's Reverie (you can generally afford it with an early Philosopher's Stone) which gives you a little more health, some regen, will cap your CDR (goes well over actually) and gives you a 2nd shorter Ghost.

The only issue is actually capping your CDR that hard kinda sucks but interestingly frees up rune space. The other option would be to take out Deathfire Grasp entirely, but I don't know if any item could really replace it. I suppose Abyssal Scepter, Archangel's Staff or RoA are all potential replacements but Deathfire Grasp is a lot more cost effective.

Anyway will add this build to the guide when I've played around with it more and am more comfortable with it, assuming it's any good. I am liking Shurelya's Reverie though.

Illmuri

10-29-2010

For those still wondering about the utility of DFG, its stats are great enough that even without the active it works well. Ive lately made an effort to remember to use it, and have settled in to easing into the team fight, dropping DFG on the enemy tank who tries to initiate, and then backing off before the rest of the team bum rushes in.

NightRaith361

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
She doesn't do "alot" of damage.
For several reasons. first, forget using unrealistic snowballed figures for AP values.
Assume 50-200. Is more possible? yes. But if you have over 200 ap the game really should have been over long ago, or you are fed, and just farming kills instead of ending the game.
Umm what? idk how ur playing but i end up with 350-500 ap by the end of the game. i build

tear of the goddess
sorc boots
mejais
archangels staff
rod of ages-for ap, health and mana that = ap with archangels
deathfire
zhonyas, rylais cs, or void staff depending on wat champs im facing

rylais if they have ranged dps for extra health, void staff for tanks and zhonyas if they have alot of squishies

and i go about 10-15 kills 5 deaths and 10 assists, but u must have a decent team otherwise u will get face raped because she is a support caster not a nuker

Pastrytime

10-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaith361 View Post
Umm what? idk how ur playing but i end up with 350-500 ap by the end of the game. i build

tear of the goddess
sorc boots
mejais
archangels staff
rod of ages-for ap, health and mana that = ap with archangels
deathfire
zhonyas, rylais cs, or void staff depending on wat champs im facing

rylais if they have ranged dps for extra health, void staff for tanks and zhonyas if they have alot of squishies

and i go about 10-15 kills 5 deaths and 10 assists, but u must have a decent team otherwise u will get face raped because she is a support caster not a nuker
You can support that build?