[Guide] Lux, the Little Lady of Light

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MBirk

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastrytime View Post
@MBirk, first of all I'm on your side, I'm not saying she's some super damage nuke champion like some other builds/guide, in fact that's the opposite of what I'm saying. I know you quoted someone else's post, but I would like this thread to know that I don't see Lux as a nuker at all really, unless you're winning so hard that it wouldn't matter items you had.
Yes, I was talking directly to that poster, and not really commenting on the guide.

Even for a support/hybrid, her damage is low though.
Annie is a nuker. And lux isn't even half of what annie is.
Annie.
Q:4s cooldown, 90-260 damage. .6 ratio.
E:8s cooldown, 85-325 damage. .6 ratio
R:120s cooldown, 200-450 damage. .7 ratio. +tibbers aoe and aa.
THAT is a nuker. Q cooldown is way way way shorter. And her base aoe, does 85 more damage. at .6 ratio, it takes 140ap, just to make lux's e do as much as annies does with 0.
(And lets face it, annies aoe stun on call (ever 10s iirc at 40%cdr)is even more effective at "support" then lux's root/snare)
But annie is clearly a nuker, while lux isnt.

But lux also has less damage, and higher cooldowns then morgana. Janna, kayle. etc.
And her support is weaker then those champs as well.
If lux's "support" is a snare and root, what is Ashe? Lots of champs have snares, roots, even stuns and still do damage.

Lux is really good at hitting people and having them completely ignore you. And shielding people that die anyway, as that 150 hp shield only stopped 1 aa.

Pastrytime

10-26-2010

@Magus, thanks for clearing that up about the boots, I'm only recommending Sorc Shoes for the record.

As for the other comments concerning her builds:

Firstly both Mejai's and Sheen are optional (a point I plan on addressing in the still being written Item FAQ) although I'm thinking Mejai's should probably be dropped from the build completely.

In terms of health items I'd have to agree with you, she could use a little more health but I honestly can't really find space in the build even if I took out Mejai's (I'm also not ready to give up Sheen yet, I just think it's too good, but the option is there). The thing is I tend to play Lux at such a safe distance that your health isn't really a problem as you don't HAVE to auto-attack you simply have the the option, the same as you're allowed the option of using DFG (which honestly is good enough without the active, you're just given yet another option).

I'm currently experimenting with builds that give Lux a little more bulk and will post any new builds/thoughts/changes as I discover and have time to write them.

I mean, I want more durability, but I feel that both Zhonya's and DFG and essential to your build and both items are quite expensive, I suppose I'll try skipping Sheen and Mejai's an opting for RoA, but even RoA is really expensive! Plus Sheen is so much better if you get it early and Lich Bane (if you get there really is just awesome).

I hear you on the glass cannon thing, but I'm generally careful enough with Lux that her squishyness has yet to become a major problem.

MBirk

10-26-2010

I would point out it is interesting you are saying shes not a nuker.
But then are building pure nuking items. dfg, mejais, sorc boots.

When I first tried her, I went without hp quints, and without dorins. might have started with crystal or mekis, dont remember for sure.
But I go harassed badly. So swapped up to hp quints and dorins ring. The extra base hp, and mana regen was a huge boost in early game laning power.
I could press much harder.
I was still very weak vs healers or tanks though. You just don't do enough damage. And most champs can hit back, and will wear you down before you wear them down, if they aren't awful. Her laning str requires a teammate that can take advantage of your root, and opponents that can't just ignore it. she is radically differant then morg in this regard. Morg hits harder, and more often with Q. and more importantly. spell vamp helps morg outlast anyone. janna can also poke/harrass/cc better with eye, and gale.

My typical build is dorins-tear-kindlegem+blue elixer-aa-ss. I was going merc, but I'll try sorc. Kindlegem is a great item. 10% cdr and 475 hp.
This build feels good. But I still find I can't win games with her reliably.

Pastrytime

10-26-2010

Also from memory Lux's cooldowns are much better than Morgana's. In fact they're comparable to Jannas, a little bit higher and once again Lux is NOT a nuker, I don't know why she's being compared to Annie. It's not the high strength of her damage output that's important it's the CC on it, the supportive nature of her abilities and her ability to consistently damage the other team.

Also, Lux's cc is a snare and a slow, not a snare and a root although it's hardly fair to just group all cc like spells together as the same spell. Yes Ashe has a slow but it functions vastly differently to Lux's. Swain's Nevermore is a snare, is that even close to the same thing as Lux's light binding?

DrDragun

10-26-2010

Annie was just a rough example of a caster who gets some hitpoints, because she needs to be at med-short range to place her stun with ult and to use her cone. Lux is also med-short and needs some hp though her role is different from Annie. Haunting Guise minimum I think (her AP rates are mediocre so spell pen is good), probably single or dual rings also. I like the DFG idea honestly though.

MBirk

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastrytime View Post
Also from memory Lux's cooldowns are much better than Morgana's. In fact they're comparable to Jannas, a little bit higher and once again Lux is NOT a nuker, I don't know why she's being compared to Annie. It's not the high strength of her damage output that's important it's the CC on it, the supportive nature of her abilities and her ability to consistently damage the other team.

Also, Lux's cc is a snare and a slow, not a snare and a root although it's hardly fair to just group all cc like spells together as the same spell. Yes Ashe has a slow but it functions vastly differently to Lux's. Swain's Nevermore is a snare, is that even close to the same thing as Lux's light binding?
I was just showing annies to make it perfectly clear. Not even the same playing field.
Morg is:
Q. 12s cooldown. 80-300 damage. .9 ap ratio. 2-3s root. 1 target
lux:
Q. 16-12s cd. 60-280 damage. .7ap 2s root. 2 targets. second target half damage and half duration.

soil vs singluarity isnt totally comparable, but..
Morg: 10s cd 25-85d/s for 5s. .2 ap. 125-425 over 5s. 1ap ratio. And -mr 4-8/s over 5s. Soil is much more effective at farming obviously. It'll kill minions easily. But less instant damage vs champs. But again, in teamfights and the -mr making other skills stronger. the support is notable.
Lux: 11s CD 60-240 damage. .6 ap. The slow is pathetic. I'm sorry but it is.

BS is 15s cd, PB is 14-10s cd.

And champions are the cumulation of skills not just one in a vacuum. Morg is much stronger in lane. Again, due to better farm, stronger snare both in duration and damage. And spell vamp making her much harder to kill. I'm not sure on stat progression, I should look into that. morg probably just has better stats then her too.
lets see, Yeap. level 6 morg:
hp 919.
mana 600
1.6 hp/s
1.4mana/s
73 damage
38arm

400 range
300 move

Level 6 lux:
hp 815
mana 550
1.5hp/s
2.78mana/s (Lux wins here)
69damage
32 arm

550 range(+1 lux)
315 move.(+1 lux)

Morg is of course much tankier with spell vamp, more hp, armor, hp regen. While lux is more caster with faster move, more range, and more mana regen.
(Talk of reworking her passive will help lux alot.)

Chaddie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-26-2010

Very nice guide thanx tried it with Janna a few times

+1 For you

Zozu

10-26-2010

Just wanted to get my guide out there, if you wanted a different look:
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d.php?t=304511

I focus on building up harass ability early game then boost my ability power and cooldown midgame for extra damage.
I will say nice guide Pastrytime and point anyone to his guide that doesn't like mine.

Pastrytime

10-26-2010

@MBirk, that's kind of the strange thing she's not a nuker even with all the AP items she's got her damage output is only somewhat respectable but frankly those items are just what's best for her I think. Her skills don't even reflect that of a nuker she's an aggressive support character (that's the best description I can come up with, man that sounds weird).

The lack of survivability items generally takes advantage of her range and mobility which are without a doubt are Lux's biggest strength. That being said I AM having issues once the laning phase is over as Lux has fewer places that are safe to farm, Lux herself lanes very well even if she's quite vulnerable to harassment and she's an excellent turret defender. She probably does need more survivability (Kindlegem was a great suggestion thank you!) so I'm going to try slightly less glass cannon builds as I continue playing with her.

I probably agree with the statement that Morgana is a better character but range and mobility do favour Lux and those two things are key in the way she's played, basically, get out of the fire. My biggest fear is that with more support items her lategame damage output will be so pitiful you can't even chase lazer kills and if you can't do that then you really can't do much =[

Lux is one of those awkward characters who wants to support and survive but also needs enough AP to keep up with the better scaling champions, I suppose a dps/support mix is probably better, but the balance is pretty important. Will be looking into different builds as I play her more in the next few days.

Also, where'd you get your numbers? I've been looking around for a bit and couldn't find them. It's not that I don't believe you I'd just like to see them to confirm/clear a lot of things up for myself.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2010

30MR, no HP, yet you hope to proc Sheen on them? Quite daring I'd say, also considering her atkspd. Imo if you wanna go "no surv" build, pack flash/ghost to maximize your escape options and forget about Sheen+

P.S.: it's Funkeln, if I remember correctly... german language, and not having 40% CDR on it is SIN! SIN I SAY!