Help with skill leveling order with Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boateye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

I love me some Twisted fate. I'm an AP TF player, so i utilize Wild Cards to great avail. they net me so many kills and force recalls, allowing me to kill the first tower in my lane and help gank early.

The biggest problem i have with twisted is his skill order after getting Wild Cards.

Some guides say that PaC is best, because it lengthens the stun and increased the power of your core skill. However, other guides say that Stacked Deck is best because it' almost as good as getting gear.

Right now I get PaC after WC because i like the extra stun duration and mana regen from blues. I tried getting Stacked deck after WC, but i feel that PaC is too underpowered at that point.

To be more specific, this is how I level TF:

1) PaC
2) WC
3) SD

4-18) Destiny>WC>PaC>SD

What do you guys think?

ItsTheFark

01-03-2011

W-E-Q-Q-Q-R-W-W-Q-Q-R-W-W-E-E-R-E-E

Essentially get 1 in all, then 3 in Q, then 3 in W, then max Q, then max W, then max E. You should get your sheen around the time you get 3 in W (Thats why).

LilSam23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

W-q-w-e-w-r-w-q-w-q-r-q-q-e-e-r-e-e

JohnCataldo

01-03-2011

On AP TF, I always level Stacked Deck second just for the cooldowns. A short stun is usually enough, and I just want to throw more wild cards.

By midgame, I expect lots of team fights. You get to stun more often with shorter cooldowns, of course, which I think is at least as useful in team fights as a longer stun, and more wild cards is extra useful in team fights (since you can expect to actually AoE many enemies).

That said, I play AD TF more often than AP, where I max Stacked Deck first, followed by Pick-a-Card, then Wild.

Boateye

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheFark View Post
W-E-Q-Q-Q-R-W-W-Q-Q-R-W-W-E-E-R-E-E

Essentially get 1 in all, then 3 in Q, then 3 in W, then max Q, then max W, then max E. You should get your sheen around the time you get 3 in W (Thats why).
With my current build order, that is true. i have PaC at lvl 3 by the time i get sheen

Boateye

01-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCataldo View Post
On AP TF, I always level Stacked Deck second just for the cooldowns. A short stun is usually enough, and I just want to throw more wild cards.

By midgame, I expect lots of team fights. You get to stun more often with shorter cooldowns, of course, which I think is at least as useful in team fights as a longer stun, and more wild cards is extra useful in team fights (since you can expect to actually AoE many enemies).

That said, I play AD TF more often than AP, where I max Stacked Deck first, followed by Pick-a-Card, then Wild.
The main reason i've been lvling PaC second is because of the extra damage. if i lvl WC, then PaC is nit really useful

A Retarded Clown

01-03-2011

pac doesn't give u any noteworthy damage per level, at lvl 5 it does 90 damage, even a lvl 1 can shrug that much damage off..

but I level Q>W>E>R for stun duration AP tf.

I get nashor's for the CDR, AS and Mana. SOme AS is mandatory for tf, since it dramatically reduces his CAST TIME.

Boateye

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
pac doesn't give u any noteworthy damage per level, at lvl 5 it does 90 damage, even a lvl 1 can shrug that much damage off..

but I level Q>W>E>R for stun duration AP tf.

I get nashor's for the CDR, AS and Mana. SOme AS is mandatory for tf, since it dramatically reduces his CAST TIME.
Don't you mean you level R>Q>W>E? :3

Anyway, this is my exact reasoning for leveling PaC first. But i feel that if i leveled SD, then early AS wouldn't be an issue, but the shorter stuns from PaC would then become an issue.

I LOVE nashor's on AP TF. With SD maxed out, you hit the 40% CDR cap! 72 second CD Destiny anyone??

I also feel that madred's bloodrazor is a core item on any TF build. It makes his presence in team fights much more relevant. i usually grab it either before or after Nashor's depending on the enemy team's composition